iTunes password prompt

CEuC
CEuC
Community Member

I open 1Password and I am immediately asked for my iTunes password which I can't enter because it's saved in 1Password. I cancel and 1Password closes. I open 1Password and am again prompted for my iTunes password which I can't enter because it's saved in 1Password . Lather, rinse, repeat. WTF???????

Comments

• Hi @CEuC,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. That is a bit odd. Are you currently signed into the App Store using the same Apple ID you used to purchase 1Password? Also: are you syncing your 1Password data with any other devices?

Thanks.

Ben

• CEuC
    CEuC
    Community Member

Yes, same Apple ID. I only have one. Yes syncing 1Password data between my iPad & Mac.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @CEuC,

Does 1Password ask for your iTunes password before it asks for your master password to unlock the app? Or is this the first time you're opening 1Password on your iPad, and you're trying to sync with your data in iCloud? If you're trying to set up iCloud sync, it might be asking for your master password for your 1Password vault in iCloud, instead of your Apple ID password.

If you are really being prompted for your Apple ID/iTunes password immediately after launching the app, then as brenty mentioned, you may need to manually type that password (which you should be able to find in 1Password on your Mac).

If that doesn't help, please let us know the exact steps you take when you open 1Password - or if it asks for that password right away, let us know exactly what that prompt says. Hopefully that should help us to clear up the confusion here. Thanks!

• technicalpickles
    technicalpickles
    Community Member

I'm having this same problem. 1Password is asking for my iTunes password before even asking for my master password. It says "Sign In to iTunes Store. Enter the Apple ID password for "

I'm doing this on an iPhone that's synced with Dropbox. This isn't the first time I've used 1Password on this phone, but it started after my battery died, and I started using it after it was charged.

I've tried manually typing it in using a Mac that is also synced with Dropbox, but the password is long and complex enough that I've fat fingered it at least twice so far.

• Thanks for letting us know, @technicalpickles.

This request is not from the 1Password app itself, but is triggered by the App Store when 1Password is launched, likely to verify your "purchase" (which I put in quotes because my understanding is this can happen even with free apps without in-app purchases).

We appreciate the feedback.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.