Sort /order logins by usage

It would be great if logins matching the current site are ordered by past usage.
I have multiple sites for which I have many logins and often need to click on "show more" to get to the ones I use most often.
Therefore it would be good to have the most frequently used or last used at top.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

@sdkoenig: The best way to have your most-used logins at the top is to save the exact URL. Best matches will always be listed first. Additionally, you can prevent logins that you use infrequently or not at all from showing by setting "Display" to "Never display in browser". I hope this helps! :)

ref: OPM-1626

• sdkoenig
    sdkoenig
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks for the reply, but this does not really help. As said there are some sites for which I have many logins. I am actively using all of them just with different intensity, so both suggestions do not really help: The matching is correct and I cannot use "never display" as I need them from time to time.
    As I understand "most used" requires to keep some statistics, "most recently used" should be quite easy and do the job. Is this something which could fit into the roadmap?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sdkoenig ,

It's certainly an interesting suggestion, and I'd be happy to pass it along to our team. :)

• bobaldred
    bobaldred
    Community Member
    edited June 2015

:+1: for this feature.
    For example I have 13 Google accounts and the primary list it offers is not my most used logins so slows me down. Hiding logins for the browser is not an option for me because I need them all in the browser :)

All the urls are the same so I don't think there's anything else I can do without the ability to order them.

An even simpler options might be to allow a priority marker for each login that can be toggled. Not as nice as the OP's suggestions but might be a quick win.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

All the urls are the same so I don't think there's anything else I can do without the ability to order them.

@bobaldred: On the contrary, if you give them memorable names then typing in the search field will help narrow them down.

That said, we'll certainly consider adding manual sorting and/or 'date used' criteria as we improve 1Password in the future. Thanks for letting us know you'd find those features useful! :)

• bobaldred
    bobaldred
    Community Member

Yeh fair point I can search :)

• bzle
    bzle
    Community Member

I'm faced with the same exact problem. Lots of Google logins, but if they were sorted by frequency, I'd be a bit better off. If I could sort them manually, that would be great too.

Searching is certainly one way of locating the correct login, but it's a cumbersome work around.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bzle: Ultimately it just depends on your naming scheme. Frankly I myself prefer the search method because having them sorted by use would mean that they could change place, messing with my memory a bit.

But we'll look into additional ways to improve the user experience, since none of us is likely to get fewer logins over time. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• bzle
    bzle
    Community Member

@brenty: Haha, that's a good point. We keep accumulating logins, but rarely get rid of any.

Yeah, I'm not convinced sorted by use would be perfect. For instance, in Chrome I hardly ever change my Google login, even though that's my primary account. But in FireFox I change between several work accounts for Google. I'd like those at the top, but probably not above my main account.

Two thoughts: allow items to be manually moved to the top, or just have fav or starred items. That way we could pick several of our most used logins that would be easy to cmd+\ and then arrow-key to. Thanks for considering some options with this! I guess another method would be to add numbers or underscores to make certain logins display at the top.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bzle, @bobaldred * @sdkoenig,

I might simply be having one of this dozy moments that many are suspect to at some point or another but I don't seem to have seen much mention of favourites yet except as a request just now by bzle.

Say you X Login items all with the exact URL for the first website field. In 1Password mini those X would be ordered alphabetically based on their title. This bit you're all aware of. If any item is marked as a favourite though the favourite is pushed to the top of the list.

To try and highlight this here is an example screenshot I had from elsewhere

Now flagging items as favourites is a manual process and it isn't dynamic in the sense of altering over time but it might be sufficient for what you're all looking for.

In the main 1Password window, when you're viewing an item (no need to edit) there is the outline of a star just below the title. Clicking on that will toggle if the item is a favourite or not and for Login items they always appear at the top of the list. It does require all the items to have the same URL though and to highlight this here is another screenshot.

Here you can see how 1Password first offers the exact domain matches and then groups the rest together. So that favourite in the middle is actually the top of the not quite matches.

Could Favourites be of use at all?

• bzle
    bzle
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables I should have searched around the interface more thoroughly. That's perfect for my needs. Thanks to taking the time to explain so clearly!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Glad I could help @bzle and you've got nothing to apologise for, the forums are here to help everybody use 1Password effectively - that's why we're here :smile:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bzle: Whenever I need to be straightened out I go to lil bobby. :lol:

There are sometimes things that are non-obvious, so we really appreciate discussion like this; it helps us understand how you and the rest of our awesome customers use 1Password (or perhaps how you want to) so we can improve both the app itself and its documentation. Thanks so much for reaching out! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.