Some sites that do not work

Newbie just like many and in my quest to add as much details as I can to 1P, here are the sites that do not work (with some explanation alongside). All tried using 1B. Will continue to add as I come across others

• Vanguard - Autofills userd-id, manually click "LOG ON" requires password to be inputted manually
  • Discover - has drop down for what site you want to login e.g. CC, bank, loans, etc. Fills out info but specific CC or bank site cannot be auto selected
  • Dominos - Takes to home page and requires to click sign-in and then to make it worse have to input both user-id and password
  • CapitalOne 360 - Autofills user-id, clicking on "Continue" does not work

This is using 1P on iPad or iPhone

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @devibimal ,

(I have removed your duplicate post, since it will ensure that we don't duplicate our efforts when researching these issues.)

Vanguard

Autofills userd-id, manually click "LOG ON" requires password to be inputted manually

Please try accessing the Vanguard site in mobile Safari and using the 1Password extension to fill there. We're seeing some inconsistency in filling between 1Browser and mobile Safari after the latest iOS update. Our developers are looking into where things are getting tangled up, and we'll do what we can to have it resolved soon, but for now you should see better behaviour with Vanguard if you use mobile Safari instead of 1Browser. Let me know if this helps!

Discover

has drop down for what site you want to login e.g. CC, bank, loans, etc. Fills out info but specific CC or bank site cannot be auto selected

Are you using 1Password on a desktop as well as on your mobile device? Saving a Login Manually using the desktop browser extension is often a great way to teach 1Password how to fill in on these unique sites, and would likely help 1Password learn which item from the dropdown menu you'd like to select.

If you're only using 1Password on a mobile device, this dropdown menu will have to be manually selected.

Domino's

Takes to home page and requires to click sign-in and then to make it worse have to input both user-id and password

Did you use our new 'Login creator' in 1Password 5 for iOS to create your Dominos entry? I've just tested here, and you're right, the saved URL will take you to the main Domino's order page. This is because the 'sign in' pane appears in a pop-up instead of a separate page, so we can't link directly to that. Here's how I use the Domino's Login:

• Open 1Password and navigate to my Domino's entry
    • Tap on the URL to open in 1Browser
    • Tap the 'Sign In' option
    • Tap the key icon in the bottom menu and select my Domino's details.
    • Tap the 'Sign In' button, and I can order my pizza. :)

I know it's a few more steps than instant auto-fill, but I hope this helps explain why this is the way it is. :) Of course, if you can find an alternate page for Domino's sign in process that is an actual URL instead of a pop-up, we'd love to know so we can streamline this process!

CapitalOne 360

Autofills user-id, clicking on "Continue" does not work

I've just created a new CapitalOne 360 Login using our Login creator on iOS, and I'm not able to re-create what you're seeing. I open the item in 1Password, tap the URL and 1Password opens the CapitalOne site in 1Browser and fills my details. Tapping 'Continue' submits the details. Can you tell me a little bit more about what you're seeing?

• devibimal
    devibimal
    Community Member

Vanguard -
    Tried with Safari but need to go thru providing credentials twice on each page - not too friendly. Might as well plug in user name and password manually.
    Discover -
    I do not have Windows/MAC client just iPad/iPhone so till then I am stuck selecting an option manually from what I gather
    Dominos -
    Same few more steps issue again so at this point I will work thru manually plugging away :(
    CapitalOne -
    I tried many times and its hit or miss clicking continue in 1B. Mostly miss - like 8 out of 10 times it fails. With Safari it works well

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @devibimal,

Discover
    After a bit of playing about I found these two URLs, do they help at all?

1. Discover (bank) https://www.discoverbank.com/bankac/loginreg/login
    2. Discover (card) https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/loginlogout/app/ac_main?ICMPGN=HDR_LOGN_CC_LOGN

I can successfully fill both of those URLs on an iPhone, iPad and Mac and I think they eliminate the drop down menu as one is for a card, the other is for a bank account

• devibimal
    devibimal
    Community Member

Thanks @littlebobbytables - both URLs worked perfectly.

• glenthompson
    glenthompson
    Community Member

I use Vanguard but have auto submit turned off. It fills my username fine on the first page and I click submit. When the password page comes up I use the 1Password pull down to select Vanguard and it fills in the password fine. I then click submit. I don't use auto submit as we gave two accounts, mine and my wife's so I want to select which account I am using.

• devibimal
    devibimal
    Community Member

@glenthompson - I started using it the way you mentioned, however thinking about this it would be better if after clicking submit with user-id filled in 1P can fill in password also rather than going about pull down method. I am sure 1P developers are looking at this and others that have separate pages for username and password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@glenthompson: Me too! Lots of double-login sites between my wife and me. Another reason I tend to leave AutoSubmit off is that I often get carried away, go too fast, and hit the wrong one...so it gives me a chance to look quick before I submit the form. And some sites still don't like it when 1Password submits the form, so I hit Return with my pinky to do it manually.

Keep in mind though that you can also set AutoSubmit (Always, Never, or When Enabled) on a per-login basis. I have a few that I know break every time, so I have AutoSubmit set to Never on those in case I have it turned on in 1Password.

@devibimal: I'm glad that helped! Multi-page logins can sure be rough sometimes (and sometimes just one login URL in particular), but we're always here for you if you run into trouble. Cheers! :)

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

I am having problems with the Discover's site two. I have two URL's stored:
    https://www.discover.com/ and
    https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/loginlogout/app/ac_main
    Fill on the latter works just fine. The former does not. I do have Enable Multiple URL's checked

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mzel: From the other discussion it looks like you're on Windows 7 with Firefox 38, but I'm not seeing this issue myself with Firefox on my Windows 7 machine.

Please try manually saving the login again to see if that helps. In my case, I saved it on https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/loginlogout/app/ac_main and then added https://www.discover.com/ to the login as a second URL (you'll need to have Multiple URLs enabled in 1Password Preferences > Logins for this to work).

If you're still having trouble, tell us which versions of 1Password and the extension you're using as it may help us track down the issue. Thanks in advance!

• seattle_expat
    seattle_expat
    Community Member

United Airlines' website has issues with this as well. Using auto-submit apparently completes the log on process "too fast" for the web server and it rejects the credentials, even though they are correct. Once I disabled auto-submit, it works, but requires an additional step -- not the worst thing. Might be useful to have a delay feature. E.g. auto-submit after 3 seconds, etc. Just a thought.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@seattle_expat: We're continually tweaking the autosubmit feature to work around some of these strange issues, but I think we'd be reluctant to make the delay quite so long as it would probably get pretty annoying after a while. Also, it could give the impression that something is wrong.

For now, submitting the form manually can help in a lot of these edge cases, but we'll continue to look at ways to improve this as well. Personally, I prefer to have autosubmit off most of the time, as I often like to toggle checkboxes and radio buttons when logging into sites (I know, weird!) Thanks for your feedback! :)

This discussion has been closed.