Using 1Password

ChocolateAndTech
ChocolateAndTech
Community Member
edited June 2015 in iOS

Hi,

I'd like to know,

1. If you backup all your passwords via iCloud, and your storage becomes full - what would I do then?
  2. Is it secure to have your passwords backed up via iCloud? What if someone uses my iPhone and accidentally deletes the password backups, as well as deleting the application?
  3. From what I see, you have to purchase the desktop version to use 1Password? What if I bought the full version on my iPhone? Would I be able to access my passwords on my mac and windows? If so, how?

Sorry if this was the wrong place to post. Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ChocolateAndTech,

Welcome to the forums. This is the perfect place to post!

If you backup all your passwords via iCloud, and your storage becomes full - what would I do then?

You would either upgrade your iCloud storage or sync via another method at that point. Under normal usage 1Password does not take a great deal of space, but if you are using your iCloud storage for other purposes as well it would be possible to consume the default amount of space.

Is it secure to have your passwords backed up via iCloud? What if someone uses my iPhone and accidentally deletes the password backups, as well as deleting the application?

The obvious answer here is not to let anyone else use your phone. ;)

But in all seriousness someone would have to be pretty malicious to do that, and I'm assuming you don't allow folks who have ill intentions toward you to use your phone. For the folks who you aren't intentionally allowing to use your device (e.x. a thief) it is important that you protect your device with a strong passcode or Touch ID.

From what I see, you have to purchase the desktop version to use 1Password? What if I bought the full version on my iPhone? Would I be able to access my passwords on my mac and windows? If so, how?

1Password is sold separately for each platform (e.x. Windows is separate from Mac is separate from iOS). We do offer a Mac+Windows bundle in our online store:
    https://agilebits.com/store

If you are planning on using 1Password for Windows then you will want to use Dropbox instead of iCloud for sync as at the present time iCloud sync does not work on Windows.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.