1PW3 on my Mac is now 1PW4. License process doesn't work.

I had 1Password3 with a family license (5 Macs) installed. 1Password5 was accidentally downloaded into my Downloads folder. I started getting messages that my trial had ended. Deleted versions of 1Password in Downloads folder, but still get the message. I see now 1Passsword4 is installed and there is no where to put the key. I figure I have two choices besides ditching the product - either download 1PW3 or upgrade to 1PW5. When I try to upgrade, I am only offered single licenses. I'd like keep using product. What do I do now?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @splait ,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with 1Password - thanks so much for checking with us before 'ditching' the product and giving us a chance to make things right! :)

When I try to upgrade, I am only offered single licenses.

Our licensing has changed slightly since 1Password 3. When Apple released iOS 8 and Yosemite, they introduced 'Family Sharing', which allows a family to link up their Apple IDs and share software. To keep our own licensing consistent between the Mac App Store and the AgileBits Store, we removed the family license and changed the terms on the single license. Now, a single license can be used by up to 5 members of the same household.

So, you can upgrade to a single license for 1Password 5, and it can be shared within your home.

I hope this clears things up, but we're here to help if you have any further questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.