Windows App Conformity

rj2Skipper
rj2Skipper
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm a first time 1Password user, so i don't have any feature request regarding 1Password features (yet)
BUT
Please use the Microsoft recommended app style guides:
-email addess entry fields need to spawn the email address keyboard format (1st page where i enter my email-address to authenticate if i can even use the alpha)
-do not use "shortcuts" in panoramaview: the settings page does not need an index page where you tell the user how to use a windows phone app
-headlines in settings panorama pages are too small, but the HeadHeadline is too big

ciao Ralf

PS: there is no feedback on the "click to make your work faster" image ;-)

1Password Version: 1.15.5.290
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: WP 8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know your preferences, @rj2Skipper!

As you know 1Password for Windows Modern is still in the alpha stage of development, which means we're still working on the best balance of aesthetics, standards, accessibility, and general usability for a LOT of different platforms (all the different phones and tablets and convertibles and desktop PCs on which it will need to run).

We appreciate your feedback as we move through these early days. Please stay in touch, and keep letting us know what you think!

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited June 2015

Regarding the settings page, I notice some Microsoft apps in Windows Phone 10, and also Spotify, are moving away from pivot style menus to Android-style hamburger ones. More info here:
    http://www.windowscentral.com/why-microsoft-hamburger-menus-windows-10-phone

I note there's resistance to hamburger style menus from the Window's Phone community, so I wonder if you have plans to change to hamburger-style menus? I've heard pivot menus are easier to use with one-hand, but I suppose iOS and Android users migrating to Windows Phone may be more familiar with the hamburger style.

• @pbryanw thanks for the link! We are investigating which way works best - hamburger, pivot or something else. There are pros and cons in every scenario and we also must consider various devices. Nothing set in stone at the moment, we may choose to use pivot, or hamburger or both of them for different device types - any opinion counts and we listen carefully.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member

@SergeyTheAgile - Thanks for your reply - it's good to hear that you're considering your options regarding this issue. As the app is currently in Alpha I expect there's a lot that will change between now and the final version.

As far as myself, I have no favourite regarding pivots vs hamburger menus and, as you say, there are pros and cons for each. If Microsoft do transition to hamburger menus in most of their native 10 apps, I can imagine a lot of 3rd party ones will stick with pivot menus, ensuring we end up with inconsistency in this regard.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks again for your input, @pbryanw, and for helping us make the best 1Password for Windows Modern possible!

This discussion has been closed.