1Password Won't Open on iPad with Fingerprint

Options
rckingsley
rckingsley
Community Member

I have a new iPad with a fingerprint reader. Why won't 1Password open with my fingerprint (like it does with my iPhone 6)?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 5.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 8.3
Sync Type: Wireless

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rckingsley,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us with this issue. It sounds as though you may not have enabled Touch ID within 1Password yet? You can read about doing so here:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/5/en/topic/touch-id

This is a per-device setting, so even if you have it setup on your iPhone it would also be necessary to set it up on your iPad, if you wish to use it there.

If you have already set up Touch ID and are still having difficulties please let us know. The more detail you can provide for us about the problem the better! :)

Thanks!

Ben

• rckingsley
    rckingsley
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben. I enabled Touch ID shortly after I put 1Password on my iPad (I just checked, it was turned on), to no avail (although Touch ID works with other apps on my iPad). Some settings are in my first posting above - not sure what else would be helpful to know (same unlock password on my iPhone & iPad, security settings are identical on both devices).

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @rckingsley. Hrmm. That is pretty strange. Have you tried disabling and re-enabling Touch ID within 1Password's security settings? Do you get prompted for Touch ID and it doesn't work, or does it simply always prompt for the Master Password?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Ben

• rckingsley
    rckingsley
    Community Member
    Options

Disabling then re-enabling Touch ID fixed the problem!!! Thanks, Ben - I really do appreciate it. Your team is the best! A couple of days ago I wrote a very positive review of 1Password - and y'all continue to justify why. Thanks again!

• Ben
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about the problem, but glad to hear you got it fixed. :)

Your team is the best! A couple of days ago I wrote a very positive review of 1Password - and y'all continue to justify why. Thanks again!

Thanks so much for the kind words!

If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.