Why does 1Password keep installing itself on my Apple Watch?

Jade
Jade
Community Member

Under the settings for 1Password in the Apple Watch app on my iPhone, I have repeatedly set it not to show. I also have automatic downloads turned off. I know 1Password isn't the only app to do this, but I also see not every app does it. That makes me think there is an issue relating to certain apps misbehaving, rather than a problem with watchOS. I'm running the latest versions of everything.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Jade! I've seen this on my own Apple Watch where apps that I've not installed to it will install when they update. Do you happen to test any apps with TestFlight? I've seen rumblings from various developer friends that this behavior is related to some conflict happening with TestFlight.

• Jade
    Jade
    Community Member

I am not testing any apps with TestFlight. My wife has the same problem, also no testing.

I do have a ticket opened with Apple about this, and I've been keeping track of apps that have this behavior over the last week. Some of the apps that have reinstalled include: 1Password, Seeking Alpha, NY Times, Flipboard, and Yelp. All of them reinstalled shortly after the app updated on the iPhone. So far, the only app that has been updated this week but hasn't reinstalled has been Shazam.

• @Jade I definitely see overlap in the apps you've noticed with maps I have. TestFlight was just a theory I saw some folks kicking around. Maybe it's just an oddity with watchOS. Hopefully they'll have it patched a future update.

This discussion has been closed.