Localisation query

Denisecurran
Denisecurran
Community Member
edited June 2015 in iOS

Please see above for full details of my issue. Hi, I would like to use UK terminology - eg US terminology for a general bank account is "checking account" whereas in the UK it is "current account". There only appears to be a drop down menu and no free text option to change the name of the type of account. Can you assist? Regards, Denise

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Denisecurran,

We have support for English (UK) localisation in 1Password for Mac and iOS and we take our lead from what how you've set up your operating system. Localisation in 1Password for Windows is fairly new and we're working on bringing more options here although I would imagine we will prioritise other languages over dialects.

So a lot will depend on what platform you're referring to. Once we know this we'll be able to give more directed advise. What 1Password doesn't currently allow you to do is simply rename any of the categories as they're all fixed in the code and container formats we use for the vaults. So the way to handle this is via are localised strings. As I say, if you can let us know what platform and we'll supply the correct steps.

• Denisecurran
    Denisecurran
    Community Member

Hi, yes, I'm using IOS latest version on iPhone 5s and paid air

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Denisecurran,

On you iOS device(s) could you navigate to the following area for me please.

iOS Settings > General > Language & Region. In there I have my iPhone language set to English (U.K.). As a result 1Password for iOS uses labels such as Bank Accounts and National Insurance Numbers.

I think this addresses your query but if I'm mistaken at all please do let us know so we can help with your actual query :smile:

This discussion has been closed.