Database Backup failed

Jaime Matus
Jaime Matus
Community Member

Hello.
I have 1 pass in several devices (iphone, ipad, Macbook pro, iMac) and in the latter, when I log in appears the error message "The 1Password Database could not be backed up. Database exists but is invalid. One or more keys files may be missing". It appears several times.
How can I solve this ?
Thanks
jaime

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

Hi @Jaime Matus

Here's the relevant part from our page, Backup failed/1Password failed to create a backup

“One or more key files may be missing”

Database Backup Failed The 1Password Database could not be backed up. Database exists but is invalid. One or more key files may be missing.

>

These errors may be resolved by restarting 1Password mini as described above. If that fails, it’s possible that components from an older version of 1Password are still installed and running on your system. To remove these components, follow these steps:

Open a Finder window and choose Go > Go to Folder… in the menubar. Enter the following: ~/Library/LaunchAgents

>

Delete ws.agile.1PasswordAgent.plist

>

Choose Go > Go to Folder… and enter: ~/Library/Application Support/1Password

>

Delete the Agent folder

>

Restart your Mac

I feel confident that will sort you out but please let us know either way :)

• Jaime Matus
    Jaime Matus
    Community Member

Thanks. It worked !

• Thanks for the update!

• KerryAnna
    KerryAnna
    Community Member

Help This did not work for me! There is an incessant pop up warning Database Backup Failed. Where is the document to fix! Can I delete 1Password 3? If so where can I reload. My license works fine on my mac air and iPhone!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @KerryAnna,

I'm sorry you keep getting the Database Backup Failed error message!

Which version of 1Password are you currently using on your Mac? If you're using 1Password 4 or 5, that should be backing up your data correctly, and you can verify that by opening the main 1Password app and going to File > Backup.

If backups are working correctly in 1Password 4 or 5, the error message you're getting is probably coming from an old component of 1Password 3, which is apparently still on your Mac. It's a process called 1PasswordAgent, and you can the steps to fix that in this knowledgebase article.

On the other hand, if you're only using 1Password 3 on your Mac (and don't have 1Password 4 or 5), you won't want to delete 1PasswordAgent. In that case, please let us know the exact version of 1Password on your Mac, and which version of Mac OS you're running. If you're using 1Password on other devices, please let us know the versions from those, too. Also, which device has all your latest 1Password data?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.