My 1Password 5.4.3 is having difficulty with dropbox.

Options
drjmar
drjmar
Community Member

I had not used dropbox in a while. Went to sync and it advised me not merge. I couldn't figure out how to erase the data so I could start over and newly sync my phone to my dropbox but was unable to. Then I erased the 1password file in my dropbox. Now, no matter what i try, 1 password tells me "1password will no longer sync because no sync source was found for profile. 1password encountered a program." Nothing I try with dropbox gets past this...please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @drjmar ,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. To start off, we are going to need some more detail:

• Are you using 1Password on any other computers or devices? If so, please provide the version numbers.
    • Do you currently have access to your 1Password data in 1Password 5 for iOS?
    • Is the version of data that is currently on your iOS device the most up-to-date copy of your data?
    • What do you see when you view the sync settings pane in 1Password? Does it show Dropbox sync set up, or do you have the option to select a sync type?

The more detail you're able to provide here, the more quickly we'll be able to get this sorted out!

• drjmar
    drjmar
    Community Member
    Options

Hello.

1. Yes, I have 1Password on my MacBook Pro and the version is 5.3.2. So far just these two devices.

2. Yes, I have access to my data which is on my iPhone and on my MacBook Pro.

3. Yes, the version on my iPhone is the most up to date copy of my data.

4. The Sync pane shows the current sync method which I changed to Wi-FI today until i get this sorted out. then it says choose a sync method: sync with icloud (depends on cloudkit...) sync with dropbox, change WiFi, disable sync.

5. If i choose dropbox, my account appears and the option to connect another account. If i hit the info option it tells me user id etc and then option to stop using account. If I choose stop using account, it warns me it will remove cached info. I then proceed with this and it switches to a dropbox page and request that I "allow" access. Then i put in my 1password password and it takes me to a screen with "choose a vault" then 1password/ 1 passwrod.agilekeychain. "please wait. accessing encryption keys" then "1password will no longer sync because no sync source was found for profile. 1 password encountered a problem." with the option to dismiss. Then I am back at the sync screen with the option to start syncing. then sync with icloud, dropbox, wifi again.
  • Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @drjmar ,

Thanks so much for getting back to me with those details - that's a brilliant response!

I think the simplest way to get you back up and running here is to reset sync so that we generate a nice fresh 1Password.agilekeychain file in Dropbox for you. Please follow these steps:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service, and tap Disable Sync.

• On the Mac, open 1Password for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Reboot the Mac and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync. That should get everything on the same page for sure.

Please let me know if you are still having trouble hooking up Dropbox after following these steps. :)

This discussion has been closed.