Trying to copy multiple items to new vault and Copy is greyed out when I right click

DCS77
DCS77
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

The users guide for Windows as says I can copy (multiple) entries by right clicking. It says copy and Share should be among the choices. When I click Copy is grayed out. How do I proceed?

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
Extension Version: Chrome 4.3.1.90, ie 4.5.0.575
OS Version: Windows 8
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @DCS77,

I tested this and it works for me:

Can you tell me where you're doing this, it might be specific to the items you're trying to copy.

• DCS77
    DCS77
    Community Member

I've tried it a couple of places. I think one was an Amazon login. When I chose Copy, the window closed. Multiple times.

• DCS77
    DCS77
    Community Member

As in your screen shot, Edit was bold.

• DCS77
    DCS77
    Community Member

Nobody else?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I've tried it a couple of places. I think one was an Amazon login. When I chose Copy, the window closed. Multiple times.

@DCS77: Do you mean that 1Password is closing/crashing, or something else?

I think the question is whether you're doing this in the main 1Password app as MikeT illustrated, or somewhere else entirely. Without more information it is hard to say. If you can tell us the exact steps you're taking and what is (or is not) happening for you (a screenshot would be great!) I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this. Thanks in advance! :)

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

When I chose Copy, the window closed

@DCS77 Is this thing ON maybe?

File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Security > Minimize 1Password on Copy to Clipboard

• DCS77
    DCS77
    Community Member

I am using the main 1 Password app. When I open my vault, highlight an entry and right click, the attached appears. Not that Edit is bold and all other choices are gray. If I then go ahead and click on Copy, the 1Password window minimizes. The app does not close. Thanks for your help.

• @DCS77 - The Edit option is bolded as this is the default option if you double click on this item. The other items are still active. As @stefan has said the reason that the Window appears to close, is that it is minimizing and this setting can be changed as follows -

Go to Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Security > Uncheck the box 'Minimize 1Password on Copy to Clipboard'.

ref: PBU-49216-349

• DCS77
    DCS77
    Community Member

Thanks, I'll try that.

• DCS77
    DCS77
    Community Member

Works fine. Thank you very much.

• On behalf of the team here, you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.