Syncing attachments in Email Category (works btwn Mac & Android but not iOS or other Mac)

Options
trclayton58
trclayton58
Community Member

I am having an issue with syncing an attachment to an entry in the Email Category.

I have an entry in the Email Category that includes an attachment (this entry was originally made on my iMac running 10.10.3, 1PW 5.3.2, syncing with DropBox).

I'm running the premium/pro (paid) versions of 1Password on both Android (v4.2.1) and iOS (v5.4.3) and of course fully licensed 1Password 5.3.2. Both the Android and iOS versions of 1Password are using Dropbox for syncing.

The attachment in the Email Category entry syncs properly to 1Password for Android (the attachment opens and is complete). The same Email Category entry when viewed on 1Password on either another Mac or an iOS device shows NO attachment. It's not that the attachment can't be opened or viewed, it doesn't exist at all on the other Mac (the one where the original entry was not made) or on the iOS device.

I have tested with both dragging and dropping the attachment into the Email Category entry and using the "click" to add attachment and both methods work and sync correctly from the original Mac to the Android version but neither method makes any difference for the other Mac or the iOS version (the attachment on the Email Category entry does not sync to the other Mac or the iOS unit).

Any thoughts regarding what's going on here?

Versions:
iOS 8.3 (on both an iPhone 6 and 6+)
Yosemite 10.10.3 (on both a iMac and a Mac Mini)
Android 5.1.1 (on an Google Play Edition HTC One)
Mac 1PW 5.3.2
Android 1PW v4.2.1
iOS 1PW v5.4.3

Thanks for reading this whole thing and I appreciate any help you might be able to give.

Terry

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @trclayton58 ,

Thanks so much for providing such a detailed description of the issue you're seeing - it gives us a much better place to start! So, it sounds to me like we're talking about one particular entry here. Do you have attachments in any of your other 1Password items?

What happens if you attempt to attach this same attachment into another entry?

• trclayton58
    trclayton58
    Community Member
    Options

Megan,

I did some more testing just now.

I have attachments in other entries in other Categories that have always worked fine.

I just made a test entry with an attachment into the Email Category from a different Mac from those listed in my original post (MacBook Air, 10.10.3, 1PW v5.4.3) and it synced properly across all devices (iOS, Android, and 3 Macs).

Since that worked, from the MacBook Air, I added the original attachment to the entry in the Email Category that wasn't syncing across the iOS and other Macs and rechecked... now all device are syncing the original entry properly.

I'm now assuming that it may have had something to do with the 1PW database on the iMac (the original computer where the initial entry with the attachment in the Email Category was made).

If it was a database issue on the original computer (iMac), it's interesting that the entry synced properly to 1PW on Android but wouldn't do so to iOS or other Macs.

One other bit of info that failed to mention in my original post is that the entry that wasn't syncing the attachment includes a One-Time Password (don't know if that's relevant).

Anyhow, now that I have edited the original entry (the one that wasn't syncing the attachment) on the different computer, everything about that original entry is syncing correctly.

There is probably something going on here that you folks might look into, but I'm guessing that it may be hard to replicate if indeed it was a database issue on my original entry computer.

Thanks for your response. It helped me think of some additional tests that I could do that turned out to fix my problem that I hadn't originally thought of or tried.

Thanks,
    Terry

• Ben
    Options

Thank you for the update Terry! Please do keep an eye out for similar problems in the future and be sure to let us know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.