"Restore Purchase" Not Recognizing My Account

jfelchner
jfelchner
Community Member

I'm using the beta if that matters. Wasn't sure where to post this. I did change my primary Apple ID email since I last did this, but none of the other apps seem to be having a problem. Can someone send me a DM so I can give you my Apple ID and we can get this resolved?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 5.5 (505012)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 8.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member

BTW, the sooner the better. I need my multiple vaults! :D :D :D

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jfelchner ,

Please sign in to the App Store with the Apple ID that you used to purchase the Pro features in the first place. Unfortunately, there is no way to transfer the Pro features from one Apple ID to another (Apple just doesn't provide us a mechanism to do so).

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member

@Megan, it's working fine for me with all of my other purchases. I no longer have access to the email that I used before I changed the email associated with my Apple ID. I surely don't want to pay for this a second time.

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member

It's the exact same account BTW.

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member

I'd also signed out and back into the App Store on my old phone with the new email address and everything was working fine.

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member

@Megan, I'm not saying you're wrong, but I just downloaded the app from the app store and it loads the purchase just fine. Only the beta has a problem.

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member

Ok, so for future reference here's what I had to do:

• Download the beta app, try to restore purchases which didn't work
    • Downloaded the released app, opened it to the Pro page and recognize that the pro license is installed
    • Once the pro license is installed, open up TestFlight and install the beta app over the released version
    • Open up the beta version to verify the pro license is still valid
  • Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jfelchner ,

I am sorry, I completely misunderstood your original message. My reply would have been much more useful if you had changed Apple IDs, not simply the email address that is associated with an existing Apple ID.

I'll pass your experience along to our team to see if there's anything there that we can improve. :)

• jszotten
    jszotten
    Community Member

I tried to restore purchases (I haven't changed email or Apple ID) and I get these errors. Is this related or should I create a separate post for this?

• eh801
    eh801
    Community Member

@jszotten I think your error is related to TestFlight betas. I have the same issue with other TestFlight apps. If you first install the App Store version, restore purchases and install the TestFlight version on top of the App Store version, it should work.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jszotten ,

Does @eh801's post help? It seems like you'll need to restore the purchase using the released version of the app and then install the TestFlight beta. Of course, if you're seeing this behaviour while restoring the purchase from the release version of the app, please let me know and we can investigate further. :)

• jszotten
    jszotten
    Community Member

That did the trick - thanks so much @Megan & @eh801 !

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

You're most welcome, @jszotten, on behalf of @Megan and @eh801. Good to know In App purchases and restorations are blocked on freshly installed apps from TestFlight.

This discussion has been closed.