Backup iPhone and restore on ioad

jsorph1
jsorph1
Community Member

I'm needing help. I installed the app on my iPhone, put all the info in and backed it up to the cloud. I installed the app on my wife's phone and successfully restored the backup to her phone. I installed the app on my iPad (and for some reason was charged another $4.99) and tried to restore from the cloud and it is telling me there is no backup in the cloud. How do I go about fixing this?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I think we need a little more information in order to help.

• Do you and your wife use the same Apple ID?
    • What version of iOS are you running on your iPad: is the same as the iOS version on your phone?

for some reason was charged another $4.99

You're presumably referring to enabling the pro features: is that correct? If so, you should be able to restore them without additional payment on any iOS device that uses the same Apple ID as that used when you originally paid for them. Family sharing arrangements do not apply to -in-app purchases though.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jsorph1 ,

It sounds to me like you might be using a different Apple ID on the iPad - could this be the case? If the iPad is logged in with a different Apple ID than the two iPhones, that would explain why the Pro features were not automatically available for you, and why 1Password is unable to find data in the cloud.

If you are using the same Apple ID everywhere, please let me know and we'll investigate further.

This discussion has been closed.