Feature Request: New Data Type - Computer

Options

Hello,

One thing that I would like to see is the addition of a new data type to 1Password. I think the addition of a Computer Account to the accounts catagory would be very usefull. It would be a great place to store information such as:

• Seriel Number
  • OS
  • OS Activiation Key
  • IP Address
  • User Name
  • User Password
  • Root Access Information
  • Hardware Info
  • Possibly Link to software items for software that is installed?
  • And more could be included (This is just the stuff off the top of my head)

I would love to see this added. I am a software developer and hardware enthusiast. I would love to be able to use 1Password to store information about my computer system and thereby being able to access it anywhere in a secure fashion. It would also help with system administration.

Please Consider

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

Best Idea :) please add my vote

• MikeT
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi @TeraInferno,

One thing we want to add to 1Password in the future is the ability to create your own custom category and we've been making changes over time to make this easier, such as custom fields and sections we've added in 1Password 4.

For now, that's what you can do, create a new "template" based on an existing category, in this case, a Login because you have username/password fields that you might want to use for auto-type in the future.

1. Create a new Login item
    2. Call it Template: Computer items or however you want it and save it with nothing filled in for now.
    3. Create a new folder called Templates and drag the computer template item into the Templates, so it'll be easier to duplicate from there next time.
    4. Edit the computer item, click on Add on bottom left, add a new section and from there, add your custom fields for the IP address, root access info, hardware info field, and so on. Do not fill any values in for each of the field because this is just a template. Save the item.

When you want to create a new computer item, just go to the Templates folder and right-click on the computer item to duplicate it. You can then fill in the information you want.

If you'd like, you can also create a Computer folder to store these items or simply tag them as computer and you can find them later via the search field > tags:computer.

Because we believe custom templates is a much better solution, we're not likely to add new data types until we add support for this first.

This discussion has been closed.