My thoughts on 1Password - and 3 other programs

Sophia
Sophia
Community Member
edited February 2011 in 1Password 4 for Windows
The previous week I spent some time musing about Internet Security, and decided to put down my thoughts in a series of blog posts.

Actually, I have not openly published this blog yet, I wanted to hear your opinions, contradictions, comments and additions first.

I have posted the link on the LastPass forums and will post it on SPB as well... I'd love to hear your thoughts :.

Link: http://blog.hostkitten.com

Enjoy! (I'm posting it here in the Windows section, because that is the software I talked about in my blog)

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Sophia wrote:

The previous week I spent some time musing about Internet Security, and decided to put down my thoughts in a series of blog posts.

Actually, I have not openly published this blog yet, I wanted to hear your opinions, contradictions, comments and additions first.

I have posted the link on the LastPass forums and will post it on SPB as well... I'd love to hear your thoughts :.

Link: http://blog.hostkitten.com

Enjoy! (I'm posting it here in the Windows section, because that is the software I talked about in my blog)

A couple of notes:
    1. 1Password does allow attachments.
    2. as long as you do not close the browser, you do not need to enter the master password every time you open a new tab (or window)

Thanks for this review!
  • Sophia
    Sophia
    Community Member
    Re point 1: Thanks, Stefan. I just checked back on the attachments, you are quite right! I rectified that in the chart.

As for point 2, not closing the browser, well I did state that a few times (I even said it is a habit I can't break, haha) so I'll keep that the way it is if you don't mind.

In summary, I like 1Password very much and I would not hesitate to make it our sole password manager, as soon as two requirement are fulfilled:
    1) auto-fill on websites and
    2) not having to re-login after each browser exit

I don't think I'm being overly demanding, because if others can do it, so can you :D
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2011
    Hi, Sofia!

We originally designed 1Password specifically not to auto-fill web forms, seeing it as a potential security risk. The jury's still out on that question, but in the spirit of providing the rope and letting our users decide what to do with it ;) we're looking at adding an auto-fill option in a future release.

Likewise, we're looking at possible ways to offer cross-process lock/unlock options, as long as we can do it without sacrificing the security of your 1Password data.

I don't have any information at this time about what form those options might take or when they might become available.

Thanks for your patience!
  • Sophia
    Sophia
    Community Member
    You guys are magic :) I'm sure 1PW will continue to improve :D
  • Hi Sophia,

Thanks for your kind comments, I think you’re going to love what we have planned for the future of 1Password.
  • fauxpaus
    fauxpaus
    Community Member
    Please give us the rope!!!!!! I've been waiting for autofill for a long, long time!!!!!!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    "...we're looking at adding an auto-fill option in a future release." Thanks for letting us know it would be of interest to you, fauxpas.
This discussion has been closed.