1Password Chrome extension stopped working

VelvetLounger
VelvetLounger
Community Member

Oh wait! It randomly started working again.

My 1Password extension button stopped working. I click it and it does not open a dialog to prompt my password. I checked with Safari and it the plugin works ok there.

I removed and reinstalled the extension on Chrome and it still has the same behaviour. As I primarily use Chrome this is starting to be inconvienient.

Can anyone please give me a clue as to why this software is starting to get flakey?

Thanks

Comments

• VelvetLounger
    VelvetLounger
    Community Member

I had the same problem last week and restarting the computer fixed it. today I have been fighting for a half hour, reinstalling extensions, rebooting, trying to figure out where I can restart the helper program. etc etc...

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2015

Hi @VelvetLounger,

Could you please let me know which platform this is happening on, and which version of 1Password you have installed? This is the iOS forum, but you mentioned doing these steps on a computer, so I'm thinking this probably isn't happening on iOS. :)

I'd be happy to move this to the appropriate forum for you so that it can get the attention it deserves.

Thanks!

Ben

• VelvetLounger
    VelvetLounger
    Community Member

whoops, wrong forum. I am using a mac on 10.10.3. !Passowrd5 version 5.3.2. And just when I thought it started working it has stopped again. this is getting frustrating.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@VelvetLounger I have moved your post from the 1Password for iOS forum to the 1P for Mac forum where you will get more help.

Stephen

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @VelvetLounger,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. We're committed to helping you get 1Password back up and running with Chrome.

As I noted in your other forum thread, I'm closing these two threads to reduce confusion because the discussion has been moved to email. We'll continue to work with you there. Thanks!

ref: TNV-46446-651

• VelvetLounger
    VelvetLounger
    Community Member

Ok, Thanks Vee

This discussion has been closed.