Can I move all passwords en masse?

RodThePlod
RodThePlod
Community Member

I've been using 1Password for a long time on my iPhone and recently purchased the 'pro' version as I want to use it on my Apple Watch, too. I have over 100 passwords on my iPhone, and want to also view all 100+ on my Apple Watch (it's just text, right? So it's not going to use oodles of space). Anyhow - I can't see how to do that other than going into each entry and adding it to Watch manually.

Basically, I just want to mirror what I have on my iPhone. Is this possible?

Cheers,

RTP.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @RodThePlod,

Thanks for getting in touch! We do not currently have a way to move all your vault data to 1Password for Apple Watch all at once. When we were planning 1Password for Apple Watch we figured most folks would only want to have a few very important items available on Apple Watch.

For now, you must go and add the Apple Watch tag to each item using the Add to Apple Watch button on the desired item. If you did want to do more of a batch operation and you have a desktop version like 1Password for Mac, you could select multiple items and drag them to the Apple Watch tag in the sidebar. That would then sync the tag to the items on the iOS app and make them available on 1Password for Apple Watch.

It is also important to note that we currently support 4 categories on Apple Watch, but we hope to expand the supported types in the future.

• Logins
    • Credit cards
    • Secure Notes
    • Passwords

I hope this helps!

• RodThePlod
    RodThePlod
    Community Member

Thanks Chris!

I used the manual method to do this. At first, I thought it would be a pain to do, but in reality it took me less than 10 minutes to go through them all on my iPhone and 'add' them to my Watch.

I probably will never need to access them all on my Watch... but you never know, right?!

Thanks for the work you do on 1Password. It's actually one of my favourite and most-used apps on iPhone behind mail and the browser, and I always recommend it.

Cheers!

RTP.

• Glad to hear you're all set up, @RodThePlod! It is important to note that with current Apple Watch apps, including 1Password, none of your actual data is living on the Apple Watch. Currently it is all streamed live to the Apple Watch from your iPhone when in use.

So if your Apple Watch is out of Bluetooth range of your iPhone, you won't be able to use 1Password for Apple Watch.

The ability for native app this fall with watchOS 2 will allow local storage on Apple Watch, and we're looking at the possibilities we'll have in making 1Password for Apple Watch even better.

This discussion has been closed.