Can't retrieve my existing 1Password data after installing it on a new PC [Wrong Dropbox account]

gwinship
gwinship
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have a new computer. I want to continue to use 1password and all of the login information i have created. I have installed 1password on my new computer. I have retrieved my 1password license details and have registered my new 1password on my new computer. No login information appears on my new 1password. How do i retrieve it so i do not have to redo all of my passwords?

Can you please help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @gwinship - Firstly I have edited your forum user name as it is best not to make it your email address. How you transfer your 1Password data to your new computer will depend on where you are currently storing your 1Password vault and if you are currently syncing using Dropbox. On your old computer, go to Preferences > General - what is your 1Password vault location on this screen?

• gwinship
    gwinship
    Community Member

Hi Laura - my 1password vault location on my old computer is: c:\Users\gwinship\Dropbox\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain\

• @gwinship - As your 1Password data is in Dropbox, your new computer should pick it up easily. First make sure Dropbox is installed and running on the new computer. Then run 1Password on your new computer and from the lock screen click on File > Open 1Password Vault - navigate to the location \Dropbox\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain.

• gwinship
    gwinship
    Community Member

*@LauraR - Yes, I have done all of this but my logins do not show up in my new 1Password. Is there any other way to transfer them?

• @gwinship - I'm sorry that didn't work. Can you try the following -

• Run 1Password on your old Windows PC.
    • Select File > Repair 1Password Vault.

Please let us know if this helps.

• gwinship
    gwinship
    Community Member

@LauraR - i completed this task and it told me that 'no errors or problems have been found'. Any other ideas?

• gwinship
    gwinship
    Community Member

@ LauraR - if easier, is there a way to synch my 1Password on my Iphone with my new 1Password on Windows PC?

• @gwinship - I'd like to ask you to create Diagnostics Reports from each of your Windows PCs:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• gwinship
    gwinship
    Community Member

@LauraR - just sent per your instructions. Appreciate the help.

• @gwinship - Thanks, I have received those diagnostics report and I will reply via email.

ref: QTA-53668-617

• Just posting a conclusion to this thread - we found that @gwinship was using two different Dropbox accounts. Once we corrected this, and allowed sufficient time for Dropbox to complete syncing, all the 1Password data from the old PC was transferred to the new PC.

This discussion has been closed.