Feature request: Software License sort order on Name/Version number

Options
mgshoutman
mgshoutman
Community Member

As asked previously a couple of times on Twitter, I kindly ask the dev team to implement Software License sort order on Name/Version number. As it is now on Name only, all sub software licenses are displayed at random which makes it a bit a mess. (if you have a huge amount of licenses).

Example of current display order:

1Password 3.8.22
1Password 4.4.3
1Password 3.5.13
1Password 5.3.2
1Password 2.12.1

This is since version 1 so it is on my wish list for a very long time :)

Comments

• mgshoutman
    mgshoutman
    Community Member
    Options

As asked previously a couple of times on Twitter, I kindly ask the dev team to implement Software License sort order on Name/Version number. As it is now on Name only, all sub software licenses are displayed at random which makes it a bit a mess. (if you have a huge amount of licenses).

Example of current display order:

1Password 3.8.22
    1Password 4.4.3
    1Password 3.5.13
    1Password 5.3.2
    1Password 2.12.1
    1Password
    1Password

This is since version 1 so it is on my wish list for a very long time :)

1Password Version: 5.3.2
    Extension Version: latest
    OS Version: 10.10.4
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mgshoutman: Ultimately, we have to pick and choose what to spend resources on, so adding a custom sort filter just for Software items hasn't quite make the cut so far, I'm afraid. And it probably wouldn't be something we rip out and overhaul in the middle of a release cycle. That said, it's certainly something we can take a look at as we develop 1Password in the future. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• mgshoutman
    mgshoutman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty, well never mind, it seems this chaos in software versions display bothers me only. At least give my request a try with the devs. Thank you.

Cheers and have a great day :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mgshoutman: Absolutely! And I doubt you are alone in this, but we do need to focus on the things that will help the most people. But a new version is always a good time to take a look at the overall picture, so it never hurts to give us a nudge now and then. Enjoy your weekend! Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.