Dropbox sync not working on Nokia phone.

Megan
Megan
1Password Alumni
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows
This discussion was created from comments split from: cant sync with drop box.

Comments

• mikcantoni
    mikcantoni
    Community Member

Hello, I installed the app on an Iphone 1password 6 and on a Nokia 635 (Windows Phone). In both the smartphone operating system is updated.
    On the iPhone, there are all saved passwords and sicronizzate with Dropbox. When I go to my accont from Nokia Dropbox to synchronize it, following the steps your guide while inserting my credentials is not working.
    You can help me?
    Thanks in advance.

Michele

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Michele ( @mikcantoni ),

(First of all, it appears that you had used your email address as your forum username. I've edited out the domain part. This makes it easier for us to send you '@' mentions, and ensures that your email address is not displayed in a public forum. If you would like your username to be changed to something else, please let me know, I'd be happy to help!)

I've also moved your post into our Windows Modern forum. Since it seems like it is the Windows Modern version of 1Password that is giving you trouble right now, you'll get help from our experts more quickly here.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @mikcantoni!

1Password for Windows Modern currently reads vaults stored in the OPVault format, which 1Password for iOS cannot create. You need a desktop (Mac or PC) version of 1Password to establish the OPVault sync folder, which you can then use in 1Password for iOS and in 1Password for Windows Modern.

Do you have access to a Mac or PC?

If you do have access to a Mac or PC, do you already have 1Password installed?

If you don't yet have 1Password installed on the Mac or PC, you can download it from our online store and use the free 30-day trial to create the OPVault version of your data, as described in this article.

I hope that helps, @mikcantoni! Please let us know how it goes.

• mikcantoni
    mikcantoni
    Community Member

Ok, I installed on my Pc 1password windows.
    The database password is empty.
    But then how can I do to synchronize, or rather download dell'Iphone passwords saved on DropBox?
    thanks
    Michele

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Essentially, you need to follow the instructions in this article to save the temporarily empty vault to OPVault format, then sync to that vault on your iOS device (instructions in the 1Password user's guide), then open the no-longer-empty vault to your Windows mobile device.

Please let us know how it goes!

• mikcantoni
    mikcantoni
    Community Member

I downloaded Drop Box on PC, sync via wi-fi with 6 Iphone and it all works well. Then I entered the credentials of the Drop Box on Nokia Lumia 635. THE phone connects to the account perhaps for some SETTINGS given not properly synchronize any password.
    Why?
    Michele

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015

Thanks for the update, @mikcantoni.

Did you follow these instructions to get your 1Password data into the OPVault format?

The 1Password for Windows Modern app on your Nokia phone currently opens only folders with the .opvaut extension. (Note: You can't just change the extension by hand; a specific format is required.)

• mikcantoni
    mikcantoni
    Community Member

I exported my data access, then I imported creating another Vault with the extension op.vault.
    At this point, after creating another Vault, you can synchronize my data access via wi-fi or dropbox with my smartphone windows phone.

Michele

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@mikcantoni, it sounds like you've followed those instructions, gotten your data into the required OPVault format, and been able to read that data into 1Password for Windows Modern on your phone.

If that's the case, it's great news—thanks for letting us know!

(If you're still having a problem, please follow up, here, and we'll do all we can to help.)

• mikcantoni
    mikcantoni
    Community Member

No I'm sorry I have not explained well.
    I do not speak English well, I trust google translator, I wish it were not that the cause of the misunderstanding.
    I can not read the data in the format of the saved passwords OPVault format.
    Passwords are on the PC, but do not know how to read them from windows phone.
    So please tell me how to do.

Michele

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015

Thanks for the follow-up, @mikcantoni—I apologize for the misunderstanding.

The general steps are:

1. On your PC, convert your 1Password data to the required OPVault format, as described in this article.
    2. In Windows File Explorer, move the .opvault folder you just created into your Dropbox or OneDrive folder structure.
    3. On your Windows Phone, launch the 1Password for Windows Modern app.
    4. Follow the steps to log into your Dropbox or OneDrive account.
    5. Select the .opvault folder, and provide the master password required to unlock it.

Can you tell us how far you've gotten through those general steps?

• mikcantoni
    mikcantoni
    Community Member

I tried to save my opvault format in dropbox, the task preferences / general / move dropbox.
    But when selecting the function asks me if I want to download Dropbox.
    I confirm the request, at which point it opens directly in explorer that I already use Dropbox as cloud and where except my data in the format agilekeychain.
    Now I ask you:
    1) How do I save data in Dropbox seen the error?
    2) The data subject are not overlapped with the data already stored in the format agilekeychain?
    3) I see that there is also the possibility that you propose Drive One, that I could use already having a personal account. But in saving option is only Dropbox.

• mikcantoni
    mikcantoni
    Community Member

If I read it right, from your forum, the pre-requisite to operate in Onedrive is to have windows 8.1
    I will use Windows 7 Professional.
    If it is not possible to use onedrive, your appearance, I hope the past, education to synchronize my data saved in opvault in dropbox

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015

I tried to save my opvault format in dropbox, the task preferences / general / move dropbox.

That takes your existing data folder and moves it into the Dropbox root folder on your PC.

But when selecting the function asks me if I want to download Dropbox.

If you didn't have Dropbox installed on your computer, I don't think the Preferences > General tab in 1Password for Windows would've presented you with the ability to move your data into Dropbox.

I confirm the request, at which point it opens directly in explorer that I already use Dropbox as cloud and where except my data in the format agilekeychain.

I'll ask someone from the 1Password for Windows support team to look into this behavior.

If I read it right, from your forum, the pre-requisite to operate in Onedrive is to have windows 8.1
    I will use Windows 7 Professional.
    If it is not possible to use onedrive, your appearance, I hope the past, education to synchronize my data saved in opvault in dropbox

According to Microsoft's web site, it is possible to use OneDrive in Windows 7.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I was mistaken about one point, @mikcantoni, a change since I worked regularly with 1Password for Windows: If you don't have Dropbox installed, clicking the Move to Dropbox button triggers a prompt to install Dropbox.

If you get that prompt when you do have Dropbox installed, something is wrong. Development suggests making sure you're running the latest version of Dropbox.

Please let us know how it goes.

• mikcantoni
    mikcantoni
    Community Member

Thanks,
    Everething it's ok

Michele

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, @mikcantoni—thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.