Beta testing reveals Bugs in 4.5b7

ChapmanRS
ChapmanRS
Community Member

The following issued are all related to version 4.5b7 of 1Password for Android and 4.5.0.575 of 1Password for windows.

• Pull sync works between Android and PC, but you have to enter the master password on both devices each time you want to sync.
• Auto sync does not work as the option to sync automatically is greyed out in settings on Android.
• If you tap an item in the Logins folder and then tap on the URL, you are presented with the login screen from that web page, but sometimes the username and password boxes are not populated and if you then tap on the Key symbol you are given the error message, “No Matches found”. This is despite both the username and password being present in the Login folder item.
• Once you have set your android device to sync with the PC there is no way to reset the device to sync with the MAC unless you delete the cache and data, which then requires the rebuilding of the database.
• When connecting to a website using the android browser, you are not given the option to look-up a username and password to login to that site even though a record exists in 1Password.

If there is a better address to provide test results to, please let me know.

These are not complaints, just feedback.

1Password Version: 4.5b7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 4.4.2
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• Hey @ChapmanRS. Thanks for contacting us! I've just responded to the email you sent, but I wanted to address some of this here for anyone following this thread. :)

• Pull sync works between Android and PC, but you have to enter the master password on both devices each time you want to sync.
    • Auto sync does not work as the option to sync automatically is greyed out in settings on Android.

Currently, WiFi sync in 1Password on Android is not automatic, and will have to be triggered manually. Further to that, when you initiate WiFi sync, you will be prompted for the master password on Windows. Needing to enter the master password on Windows is part of why sync doesn't happen automatically on Android.

It seem as though there's some interest in making WiFi sync automatic, and foregoing the master password prompt before syncing, so I've forwarded this to our developers.
    ref: OPA-583, OPA-584

• If you tap an item in the Logins folder and then tap on the URL, you are presented with the login screen from that web page, but sometimes the username and password boxes are not populated and if you then tap on the Key symbol you are given the error message, “No Matches found”. This is despite both the username and password being present in the Login folder item.

If you're seeing the "No matches found" message, please verify that the URL you're directed to on mobile matches the URL that's saved with the item.

I also recommend using the custom keyboard for filling, which may make filling easier. :)

• Once you have set your android device to sync with the PC there is no way to reset the device to sync with the MAC unless you delete the cache and data, which then requires the rebuilding of the database.

Currently, it's not possible to reconfigure sync on Android without resetting the app. We've received many requests for this feature, and our developers are considering it.
    ref: OPA-280

• When connecting to a website using the android browser, you are not given the option to look-up a username and password to login to that site even though a record exists in 1Password.

When filling in a third-party app or browser, please verify that the 1Password keyboard and accessibility service are enabled, and that the 1Password keyboard is active. Then tap (if the 1Password icon is blue) on the 1Password icon to see the relevant logins. If the icon is grey, or if there are no relevant logins, long press on the 1Password button to browser your logins.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other feedback. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.