Adding items with iPhone to Apple Watch

mario40
mario40
Community Member

I added about 10 items in my iPhone6 to the Apple Watch, but I see in the Apple Watch only 3 items. What to do please?

1Password Version: 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 8.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mario40,

Right now there are a couple restrictions on what can be added to Apple Watch (we're looking to broaden what can be added in the future).

Items that can be synced over to Apple Watch must be:

• either a Login, Secure Note, Credit Card, or Password category.
    • located in the Primary vault.

Do all of your 10 selected items meet both of those requirements? If not, I suggest giving both the iPhone and the Apple Watch a restart to see if that helps.

• mario40
    mario40
    Community Member

Hi Chrisdj,

all 10 items are Secure Notes. I have only one Vault. What you mean by restart?
    Thanks

• @mario40 I mean to turn the phone and watch off, then turn them back on.

iPhone: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds, then slide the switch that appears on the screen. To turn back on, hold down the sleep/wake button.

Watch: Press & hold the Side Button (not the Digital Crown), slide the switch on the screen to power off. To turn back on, hold down the Side Button again.

• mario40
    mario40
    Community Member

After switching off and on the iPhone and the Watch I was able to add again 1 item to have now 4 items in the Watch, but not more. Is this good news? Maybe after a new on/off turning procedure I could add an other item again? Or should I wait for an update of 1P?
    Sorry for my poor English with the term "turning" off/on.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Maybe after a new on/off turning procedure I could add an other item again?

@mario40: I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'a new on/off turning procedure'. Could you elaborate? I understand your English fine, I'm just not sure what you're referring to. :)

Ultimately it's up to iOS to move data from the iPhone to the Watch, so when that isn't happening reliably it's difficult to pinpoint the problem. And all of this is happening via bluetooth, which is one of the many problem areas I hope are addressed in the next release of iOS. :(

• mario40
    mario40
    Community Member

If I have to turn the iPhone and the Watch off and on (off/on procedure or routine) every time to add an item from the iPhone to the Watch, than is this not really comfortable.
    You are right, Bluetooth is again an issue of iOS 8.4.

• @mario40 I don't think turning the power off and back on on the devices will allow you to add one more item each time. My hope was that it would reset the bluetooth system and allow live updating as it should.

My next recommendation would be to uninstall and reinstall 1Password for Apple Watch.

• Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
    • Select 1Password in the list of apps.
    • Toggle Show App on Apple Watch to off. Then wait a moment.
    • Toggle Show App on Apple Watch to on.
    • Launch 1Password for Apple Watch and see if it now shows all the items you have added from 1Password for iPhone.
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

My hope was that it would reset the bluetooth system and allow live updating as it should.

Indeed, much like Wi-Fi, when Bluetooth (which Apple Watch depends on) isn't working properly, 1Password won't be able to get any data from the iPhone. Fortunately it looks like Apple is working to address these connectivity issues in iOS 9 (and presumably wOS 2).

This discussion has been closed.