Logins not showing in Opera (or Chrome) Extension

On a 10.6.8 mac, I have 1P v.3.8.22 as expected. My browser (Opera) extension is 3.9.21.90. When I search from the extension (key in the toolbar) for a known login, it does not show up. I do sync via Dropbox. The same login does show up in my 1P app. Ideas?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: 3.9.21.90
OS Version: 10.6.8
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dreh0615,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with the 1Password extension in Opera!

As far as I can remember, version 3 of the 1Password extension didn't support Opera, and was something that was added in version 4. I'll double-check on that in case I'm mistaken, but can you verify if this was previously working for you? Or are you trying to get the extension to work in Opera for the first time?

When I search from the extension (key in the toolbar) for a known login, it does not show up.

Is it just that one specific Login item that you can't find in the extension? Or do you mean none of your Login items are showing up there? If it's just one Login, did you add that to 1Password recently? Did that Login item ever show up in the extension in Opera?

Thanks!

• dreh0615
    dreh0615
    Community Member

It seems to have many of my logins there. I've been searching on one particular item which doesn't appear. That item has been in for about a week, and as mentioned, when open the 1P app, I can find it without incident. Same for 1P Anywhere. It's just when using the extension it's not appearing. Also, searching for the same login item from Firefox or Chrome fails.

• dreh0615
    dreh0615
    Community Member

Let me also add, when using the v.4 extension on a ML Mac, the same item appears, no problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Perhaps you could share the item type you're referring to, and if you've added any custom (non-template) sections or fields to it on another device. That might help track down the issue. But definitely try Help > Rebuild Data File, as it may have simply become damaged. Please let me know what you find! :)

• dreh0615
    dreh0615
    Community Member

I have not added any custom fields. I don't know what you mean by item type. Is a rebuild necessary if the item opens on 10.8 but not on 10.6.8?

• dreh0615
    dreh0615
    Community Member

Is it correct that a 3.8.22 application (on the SL Mac) should be using a 3.9.21.90 extension?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dreh0615,

When you open up the 1Password 3 Browser Extension on your Snow Leopard machine, do you happen to see a small red exclamation mark at all down the side?

I ask because how 1Password 3 and 1Password 4/5 work is very different. One big difference is in 1Password 4 we removed the concept of the browser maintaining a local (and encrypted) copy of your vault. The issue with 1Password 3 is the extension could become disconnected from the main application and cause all sorts of havoc when it did. By having the extension call upon our new 1Password mini we stopped this from ever happening again by having the user interact with 1Password mini and mini simply communicate the results to the extension. It's a much better approach and better for us users (which I include myself as).

If you see a little red exclamation mark it would suggest they've become disconnected.

Normally this should all clear up with a reboot of the Mac so it could be worth trying.

This is all based on the fact that I interpreted your first post that the Login items in question are in 1Password 3 but only the main application and not visible from the extension. If that is the case then in my mind the above is the strongest cause and worth investigating. Let us know if that helps at all :smile:

• dreh0615
    dreh0615
    Community Member

Well…there was no red exclamation point, but a reboot did fix it. Go figure.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

You've got to love the power of a reboot eh? :chuffed:

Actually it's amazing what quirky behaviour can start happening after you've left a machine on for long enough and nobody really shuts their machines down anymore. Even I forget to suggest it and kick myself when it turns out a reboot was all that was needed and not the massive chain of communication as we try X, Y & Z. Glad to hear it's all working again @dreh0615 :smile:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dreh0615: Sorry for not being more clear! By "item type" I meant "Credit Card", "Login", etc. At any rate, I'm glad that restarting resolved the issue for you. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.