Is this your problem or mine? And if mine can you please help.

(I was just showing my wife how considerate Agile are because you save drafts of user input. Then something threw me out and when I re-entered the draft had been blown away by the draught. (Is that witticism even recognisable in the good old USA?) Been happening a lot lately. But I digress.)

Lately I have been chasing Mal Ware and his brother Ad round and round and … , with mixed/little/no success.

The latest manifestation involves 1password-extension refusing to come out and play, mumbling so quickly that it is almost impossible to decipher, that he's not coming out until his big brother is ready.

Big brother is already there and waiting with some exasperation.

His mother then calls out as shown in the verbatim report attached:
[(https://15254b2dcaab7f5478ab24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/agilebits.vanillaforums.com/editor/hd/ln5k2amlzayj.jpg "")

And really it's no wonder, what is he wearing?

In all seriousness, have you ever come across this before. Introduced by you or not.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: 4.2.2
OS Version: OS X 10.6.8 Safari 5.1.5 (6534.55.3)
Sync Type: Dropbox (bystander only)

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Then something threw me out and when I re-entered the draft had been blown away by the draught. (Is that witticism even recognisable in the good old USA?)

The problem is that it would be cruel of me to laugh at this, under the circumstances. But you're a much better storyteller than I'll ever be. :ohnoes:

So I think this might have a simple solution: you appear to be using the 1Password 4 extension with 1Password 3, and 1Password 3 simply doesn't know anything about 1Password 4.

Go ahead and uninstall the 1Password 4 extension, and then open the main 1Password app (version 3) and go to 1Password > Install Browser Extensions to install the correct one in your browser.

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• nosirrah
    nosirrah
    Community Member

Hey-ho Brenty,

Who's an angelic looking, smart b•••••d* then? Now you get all them smug points for solving the problem and elephant stamps and gold stars and whatever. Maybe even a raise or promotion from your uppers for dealing with another whinging (that was struck out in my version - what a way to ruin a visual joke)) satisfied customer.

Not that it isn't warranted … but where were were you last week when the effluent hit the fanatic? Not here because you didn't even know of the problem. And I admit that this problem with 1Password didn't come up until today. But is that fair? Is it a valid excuse? You solved your problem but not mine.

But something flashed into my mind when your solution produced another error. Yes, another error! I got Chrome and Safari sort of mixed up and some similar error when I tried to use one's extension in the other. In the words of Monty Python, what a silly bunt.

I have been looking for over a week for Mal and Ad finding traces of Ad all over the two machines, three partitions and three systems. I had been conditioned to think that the problem on the Mac with the 1Password error - random pointer errors in a variety of places - was more of their work - more likely Mal's.

1Password was the most blatant error (out of two, three, ???) arising from some form of update. So is it something 'system' in common with them all? Not a virus but a defective operator employed all over the shop. I only have to be bashed over the head a certain number times before it gets the point - in more ways than one. Time William Tell.

So you see you have set me on the right road but haven't provided transport. I would appreciate it more if you ran a livery stable or a vehicle hire firm. So I thank you muchly for the directions and hope someone comes along to give me riding/driving lessons.

However that is a problem for tomorrow. Tonight I am having a rest. (Whoever said don't put off until tomorrow … obviously didn't know his a••e from his elbow.)

Buy yourself a virtual beer with this virtual donation. On me. No don't thank me, it's all I could do.

• bighead -> Bounteous braininess, copious cerebral capacity, Einsteinian expertise.

P.S I find this hard to believe so you will be astoundedly flabbergasted. I wasn't going to be caught in the draft again. I wrote most of this in TextEdit saving all the while. When I pasted it into the post I got a copy of something I copied from the Internet two hours ago. Well if you insist it was the words of Sweet Violets sung by Dinah Shore (leave the boat to eat). That's enough of that. When I track down that Save I'll … well I'll probably swing for him is all I can say.

PS2 further confirmation in pasting this. Luckily I had made multiple versions.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Oh dear! Well, I can't help but laugh now! :lol:

I'm glad to hear that I was able to help, in my own small angelic-b*****d sort-of way. ;)

Thank you for the update, and your kind words! I'm sorry to hear of your unwelcome houseguests, Mal and Ad, but I do hope you are able to project them from the premises post-haste! Profligates all! This is unfortunately not a service we ourselves are able to offer, but I have every confidence that you'll be victorious in the end.

But if you continue having issues with 1Password, just use the 1Password Troubleshooting tool to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums at agilebits dot com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening. Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'.

Good night, and Godspeed! :)

This discussion has been closed.