Backup Failed Cocoa error 13

I'm running 1Password v. 3.8.22 on a MacPro. After upgrading from OS 10.6.8 to OS 10.7.5 I am getting this repetitive message:

The 1Password Database could not be backed up. The operation couldn’t be completed. (Cocoa error 13.)

I have the 1Password Trouble Shooting file as html but don't know in what form to submit it.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.7.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015

@fallguy: Ah, sorry for the trouble! I'm not sure what could have gone wrong from simply upgrading the OS, but one never knows!

The first thing you should do is check (and possibly re-set) the backup path in 1Password Preferences. And if it's already set correctly, it may just be a permissions problem.

The best thing to do would be to use the 1Password Troubleshooting tool to repair permissions, and if you're still having trouble generate a fresh diagnostic report and send it to support+forums at agilebits dot com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening. Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

ref: LWA-99928-128

This discussion has been closed.