iOS 9 (beta) & TouchID

Options
MacSupport
MacSupport
Community Member

In beta 3 I am unable to enable TouchID in the 1Password app. Other apps seem to be using it okay. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Any other suggestions?

No rush as I know this is beta software.

Comments

• NightFox
    NightFox
    Community Member
    Options

I think your problem might be related to the one I came here looking for a solution to. I've noticed this behaviour on iOS9 b2 and b3, not sure about previous betas or versions though.

Problem:

1Password mistakes home button press intended to exit app for attempted Touch ID authentication

Steps to replicate:

Open 1Password and authenticate (with either password or fingerprint)
    Put iPhone into standby (either use power button or allow time-out)
    Wake iPhone - phone wakes at 1Password authentication screen with "Touch ID for 1Password" prompt
    Firmly press Home button (i.e. press button, don't touch)

Expected behaviour:

iOS should exit 1Password and return to iOS Home Screen

Observed behaviour:

1Password/iOS mistakes Home button press for failed Touch ID authentication and reverts to requesting 1Password Master Password - even exiting and restarting the app will no longer allow Touch ID until Master Pasword has been entered.

I suspect this issue is more at the OS/Touch ID level than anything to do with 1Password, but it's a nuisance as it means that most of the time I'm forced to use the Master Password instead of Touch ID for 1Password unless I remember to exit the app to the home screen every time I've finished with it.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@MacSupport and @NightFox on the basis you're both discussing the 1P for iOS beta I have moved the thread from the 1Password for iOS forum to the 1P for iOS Beta forum where it's more appropriate.

Stephen

• NightFox
    NightFox
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I hadn't spotted there was a specific forum for iOS betas, where I now see this has already been raised and answered as "intended behaviour"

• MacSupport
    MacSupport
    Community Member
    Options

I have seen that behavior as well.

In the settings for 1Password iOS, where you would select Touch ID, you only see the PIN toggle.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

This is the very reason I reverted my iPhone to iOS 8.4. Touch ID is pretty flaky on iOS 9 right now (of course, this is why it's in beta!) and not just for 1Password.

Keep in mind that while we can help you with issues you might have with beta versions of 1Password, when it comes to an iOS beta, the ball is in Apple's court, so to speak. But thanks for confirming! :)

• eh801
    eh801
    Community Member
    Options

The latest 1Password beta (5.5b17) is working perfectly on my iPhone 6 running the iOS 9 public beta (13A4293g).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! I know that there will be some variance from device to device, but that is heartening as I will also need to get back to the beta as soon as possible. Cheers! :)

• MacSupport
    MacSupport
    Community Member
    Options

I was on a different build of beta 3. Once restoring to beta 2 and updating to 13A4293g, all worked just fine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, fantastic! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear it's working better for you now. I may give it another shot this weekend myself. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.