Identity fill on aa.com

Minor - on AA Customer relations the state drop down did not work. The rest looks ok

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
Extension Version: 4.4.b07
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mzel,

My findings indicate that we do successfully select the state from the drop down menu but the issue is instead that until the country is selected, the state menu is disabled. If I selected the United States as the country before attempting to fill using the identity that correctly fills and sets all the fields I might expect it to. Could that correlate with your findings at all?

I only tried Firefox in Windows but tested both the stable and beta version of the extension with both showing the same results.

I'd love to hear if you find this to be the case. If you do the question then becomes, is there a bug causing us not to select the correct country as that is part of the address and would handing this site's behaviour (filling of country before state) break sites elsewhere. It's often a case of a balancing act, does fixing one site improve it everywhere or actually hurt more people due to sites X, Y & Z breaking as a result. That's further down the line though, the first thing to do is see if we can both reproduce the same behaviour and take it from there :smile: I look forward to hearing back from you on my observations.

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

Sorry for a belated response. Yes, I can confirm your findings. Even more, if you hit Reload after you fill in everyting, it clears all fields except for the country. It keeps the US in there.
    I agree that some sites have the logic in the reverse, while some others do not enforce this check. Is it too hard to check what got filled and try the alternative path if the 1st did not work?
    Thanks, Mark

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015

Hi @mzel,

All good questions that I will have to direct to the devs :smile: certain external behaviours I understand but once we get delve a little deeper i.e. what, how and in what order is each field filled I will have to create a JIRA and pass it to the devs. Assuming it isn't obscenely complex I know they will try and explain. It may simply be that during testing the sites tested didn't exhibit this behaviour but that is very supposition. Hopefully we can resolve this :smile:

ref: OPX-1027

This discussion has been closed.