Does 1Password 4 Android work with proprietary smartphone apps?

Options
RxH
RxH
Community Member

Does 1Password 4 Android work with proprietary smartphone apps like for a bank or credit card company? How do I configure?
If it does not work, why not?

1Password Version: 4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 4.2
Sync Type: wifi

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hey @RxH. I'll be happy to help out here. :)

It sounds like you're referring to 1Password's ability to fill into third-party apps and browsers, correct? If so, you'll just need to enable the custom keyboard and accessibility service we've recently added.

Please keep in mind that automatic filling requires Android 4.3 or later. Since you're running 4.2, you'll still be able to fill into apps and browsers, but logins won't be automatically detected and entered for you. Instead, you'll need to long press on the gray 1Password button in the keyboard to bring up a list of logins. Then you'll be able to click to enter that information into forms.

I hope this answers your question! Let us know if you need any further help or clarification. Thanks!

• RxH
    RxH
    Community Member
    Options

My mistake. I am actually running 4.4.2. I have the keyboard and filling enabled but it still does not work with the Chase Bank app

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the update. Just to be clear, can you confirm that you've not only enabled the keyboard, but that the 1Password keyboard is the active one when you're filling into the Chase Bank app?

If so, what happens when you tap or press the 1Password button?

This discussion has been closed.