Two programs

Josep_Maria
Josep_Maria
Community Member

Hi,
4 months ago I purchased 1password . I have in my computer 2 copies of 1 password: 1password5.app (mod. date june 26 2015) and 1password.app (mod. date april 7 2015) and I keep receiving very often notices to update the app. I am tired of it. Is it possible to ged rid off this notices? Which copy should I delete if I want to keep the iCloud sync?

Thanks a lot,

Josep Maria

1Password Version: 5.4 BETA 20
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

1Password 5.app is the the AgileBits store beta you are running. 1Password.app is the Mac App Store version of 1Password. You need the latter version (not the AgileBits store version) if you want to use iCloud to sync your 1P data.

This knowledge base article may help you:

Switching to the version of 1Password from the Mac App Store

If you need more help please post again.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Josep_Maria,

There is one thing we should do now though and that is make sure that if you want to keep the Mac App Store version (which you do if you want iCloud Sync) that there is nothing stored in the AgileBits Store version of 1Password that isn't also stored in the Mac App Store one.

Here is what I would like you to do.

1. Launch the 1Password.app copy of 1Password. This is the Mac App Store version as Stephen_C has said.
    2. In the Sidebar select the All Items view.
    3. In the Item List order the list of these items by Date Modified.
    4. You now want to make a note of the most recently modified items as well as how many items in total. One way would be to take a screenshot as an easy visual reference. My preference is the keyboard shortcut ⇧⌘3 which creates a screenshot on your Desktop (very handy thing in my line of work).
    5. You now need to quit the Mac App Store version of 1Password for Mac using the keyboard shortcut ⌃⌘Q.
    6. Now Launch the 1Password 5.app. This is the AgileBits Store version as Stephen_C mentioned.
    7. Repeat steps 2-5.
    8. You should now be able to roughly compare the two vaults. If there is nothing new in the AgileBits Store version of 1Password for Mac then you can simply move the 1Password 5.app application to your Trash and reboot your Mac for good measure.

If there are items we need to move over then there are a few more steps. I suggest we first see if these steps are necessary before proceeding though. Let us know and if you need further assistance we will help :smile:

• Josep_Maria
    Josep_Maria
    Community Member

thanks for the help. Unfortunately I need to move over items. From 1Password5 to 1Pasword. can you help on that? Thanks again

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Josep_Maria,

No problem, we can definitely help with that! Here are the steps you can follow to get those items from the AgileBits Store version to the Mac App Store version:

• Open the AgileBits Store version (1Password 5.app) and unlock with your master password if necessary.
    • Select all the items you need to move to the Mac App Store version (hold ⌘ on your keyboard and click each item you need to move).
    • Go to File > Export > Selected Items, then enter your master password.
    • Choose the Desktop, make sure 1Password Interchange Format (.1pif) is selected as the File Format, and click Save.
    • Hold Control on your keyboard and go to 1Password 5 > Quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Open the Mac App Store version (1Password.app) and unlock with your master password if necessary.
    • Go to File > Import.
    • Select the .1pif folder you just created, then click Open.

The items you exported from the AgileBits Store version should now all be in the Mac App Store version. If all your data is now in the Mac App Store version of 1Password, you can drag 1Password 5.app (the AgileBits Store version) to the Trash (do not use any app cleaning utilities).

Please let us know how it goes, and if you have any questions or run into problems with that. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.