Problem with Chrome extension on El Capitan

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Support for OS 10.11 "El Capitan".

Comments

• eetgerink
    eetgerink
    Community Member
    Options

Running El Capitan the plugin for Google Chrome seems not to work properly anymore. I can not use the button to fill the required fields.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @eetgerink,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the 1Password extension in Chrome on El Capitan! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to a new thread in our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum so you can get more help for this.

To help us figure out what's happening, can you please let us know some more details about your current setup and the problem with the extension:

• What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • What version of Chrome are you using?
    • What version of the 1Password extension is installed in Chrome?
    • What exactly happens when you try to use the 1Password extension in Chrome?
    • Do you normally click the 1Password extension icon in the Chrome toolbar, or use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut? Does either method work?
    • Have you tried the 1Password extension in other browsers on that Mac? If so, do you have the same problem?
    • Do you use 1Password on any other Macs? If so, what OS / Chrome / 1Password extension version? Is the extension working there?

Any other details you can tell us about the problem will also be helpful. Thanks!

• eetgerink
    eetgerink
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Version 5.3 (530029), Mac app store.
    Chrome Version 43.0.2357.132 (64-bit)
    Extension version 4.4.1.90
    When I click the toolbar icon, I only use this access to 1Password in the browser, nothing happened. Now, after using El Capitan for a few days, and turning my Mac off and on, miraculously the toolbar seems to work again.
    I did de-install Adobe Flash though.
    I use 1Password also on my iPhone and iPad.

Thanks for offering help anyway.
    Frank

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @eetgerink,

Uninstalling Flash, while not a bad idea given the current climate, shouldn't have had any impact on our Extension's ability to work. Let us know if you have any more blips :smile:

This discussion has been closed.