Misplaced my phone

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

What provisions are there so deal with situations like these?

Apparently, the latest Lumias now have a kill switch for the phone with the latest update but my Lumia being a 3 year + old model might not get this feature.

I realise this is off topic for the forum and apologise for that.

Comments

• @wkleem, that's unfortunate! On top of my head - you can try one of these options http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/How-to/wp8/settings-and-personalization/find-a-lost-phone

Even in worst case scenario (a bunch of evil hackers are trying to hack 1Password) - you can feel safe, we never store anything important unencrypted and we do use strong encryption algorithms.

I hope you will find it, even 3 years old is a good one!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

At the risk of stating the obvious, @wkleem, have you tried having a friend call it, in case it's near enough to hear the ring?

(Of course, that'll work only if it still has power and is turned on.)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@DBrown, @SergeyTheAgile, It is my habit to leave the phone on airplane mode. I also removed the SIM as it's a test phone.

I tried to locate via the Windowsphone.com find my phone and it wasn't able to locate it.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Well, in that case, I guess it's the same as any other lost item—probably just lost. :(

The Microsoft tips that @SergeyTheAgile cited above would seem to be your best path.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I eventually found it hidden under some bedding with the battery depleted.

• Glad to hear it's found!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

This discussion has been closed.