Website Security Change = No Worky!

Options

Hello there. A website I go to quite frequently ( NTREIS.net ) has changed their security such that it will not accept a password paste, or a 1password "fill". It appears it will only take something that's typed in one character at a time. Can 1password account for this in someway?

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.1
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @texasbelliott,

At the moment 1Password for Mac is unable to do anything about this page. You're analysis is spot on and it would take a system that replicates the user typing the password character by character. On 1Password for Windows we have something called Auto-Type and we have an open feature request to bring this or something like it to the Mac side as it would also potentially allow 1Password to interact with OS X applications too. I shall add this website and your query as a vote to see this happen.

ref: OPM-990

• texasbelliott
    texasbelliott
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, littlebobbytables. I can't ask for much more. :-)

Really appreciate y'all, and 1Password.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

and we appreciate all of our users willing to take the time to post in our forums @texasbelliott :smile:

It's a shame some sites are so hostile towards password managers. Our goal is to strengthen your security through enabling unique and horribly complex passwords for each site as you know being a user. While I can see part of where they're coming from, weak passwords that are memorable and less likely to suffer from typos don't help their customer's security either.

Hopefully they eventually see the light.

This discussion has been closed.