Autofill doesn''t work correctly for some websites,

Edgardas
Edgardas
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello. I have been using latest 1Password iOS application version and noticed that autofill via your application browser or Safari extension doesn't fill up password for this website - www.vilniaus-energija.lt .Need to repeat autofill for a second time, to get password filled. Does this issue is related to website or your application. Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Edgardas,

I've just tried creating a Login item by following our Create a new Login item in Safari and the new item filled in both the username and password fields for me without issue. Now I have assumed that I'm trying to fill the two fields at the top of the page, above where what I believe is the search field is.

If I have attempted to fill in the correct fields it might be worth trying to create a new item and see if it fills like it does for me. Let us know how you get along :smile:

• Edgardas
    Edgardas
    Community Member

Try to open that website again and where you can see "Kliento kodas" is username and "Slaptažodis" is password. Username fills up, while password box cleans up and no information are filled, neither "Slaptažodis" is shown. Second time filling, puts up password in right box. If you can't reproduce this issue, I could make a video. Thanks.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Edgardas,

As part of my routine when testing websites I create a URL using the extension and I will always reload the site afterwards so I start with a fresh copy of the page to test filling.

I have just reloaded the site again and the Login item I created by following our How to manually save a Login guide still works, both items fill in with the first attempt with no second filling required.

I believe you're experiencing what you are, you wouldn't have posted if you weren't but unless something else is interfering^ I would expect a new Login item to behave the same way that I'm experiencing it. I can't think what would be causing what you're experiencing but maybe it's because our two Logins are somehow different.

^ Interference would still more be a OS X thing though given how locked down iOS is. It can't be another extension as extensions can't run alongside Safari like they can in OS X.

If a brand new Login item isn't working I would suggest clearing the cache in iOS Safari and see if that makes any difference. You can do this by going to iOS > Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data.

Out of curiosity what version of iOS are you running?

• Edgardas
    Edgardas
    Community Member

iOS 8.4, but same issue was with 8.3. Furthermore, Safari withotu your extension also faces this issue. So maybe I should contact website administrator for such issue :) Thanks..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Edgardas: Just in case there's any confusion, 1Password will never 'autofill' login information; rather, it will only fill a login (or anything else) when you tell it to.

I was able to save a new login for the site and have 1Password fill it using this method:

1. Navigate to http://www.vilniaus-energija.lt (no secure site!:dizzy:)
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Tap the 'key' icon (or the Share button, to use the extension in Safari) to bring up the login menu
    4. Tap + New Login
    5. Tap Save
    6. Close the webpage and tap the URL in your new login item to have 1Password Go & Fill it
    7. Tap the "Sign in"/"Log in" button to submit the form

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you. :)

• Edgardas
    Edgardas
    Community Member

Still doesn't fill up password. I will make this evening a video. It would be clear what issue I have faced up :) Thanks for amazing support.

• Edgardas
    Edgardas
    Community Member

Here is link of video with issue I was talking about: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8q237ury3tqoz3z/1password issue.mov?dl=0

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Edgardas,

Well I shouldn't have initially discounted the idea of the video, it highlights the issue completely.

In the instructions I linked you to and also as brenty recommended, what you want to do is to fill in the website's login page before you save the Login item via the Extension. So you go through the steps of manually logging in, filling in the two fields on the web page but before you press submit or login you save a Login item in 1Password. By doing this 1Password can look at the web page, understand what fields you've entered data into and record those fields. This is also how you can have 1Password save multiple fields for a page beyond just a username and password.

The route you're taking is what I would describe as a basic Login item, one where it doesn't understand what fields you want filled but instead it takes a guess. Now if you do this then you do see this odd behaviour of needing to fill twice.

A clue to know that it is more likely to work is that when you do go to save the Login item it will have already filled in both your username and password for you as it has picked them up from the webpage.

Let us know how you get along but I think you should find that new Login behaves better :smile:

• Edgardas
    Edgardas
    Community Member

Thanks. Helped like that. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. It sounds like you should be all set, but be sure to reach out if you need anything else. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.