Updating an existing login with Safari Extension changes the saved password

It took me a while to figure out what was going on, but whenever my form details change (or the login form changes), when logging in, 1Password asks if I'd like to save the details - as the entry already exists, I choose to "update existing". Everything appears to work normally, until I attempt to login again, and "suddenly" I can't login. I looked at the entry in the 1Password app, and notice that the password has changed!

Likely unrelated, but this has happened mostly on my Bank Account login, which is most irritating. I now have about 15 "previously used" passwords. It's just lucky that I remember the first couple of characters from that password to pick it from the list!

1Password Version: 1Password 5 Version 5.3.2 (532001) Agile Web Store
Extension Version: 4.4.1
OS Version: OS X 10.10.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Rhys Lloyd
    Rhys Lloyd
    Community Member

Actually, I just noticed (because I tried logging in again) that 1P isn't even saving the form fields when updating. It just fills in the password (which I assume 1P is working out for itself), but none of the other fields.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Rhys Lloyd

Could you please provide the web address of the site in question? I'd love to do a bit of testing here.

Generally, if you are saving a new Login because the website itself has changed, and you want to teach 1Password which data it should be putting in which fields, you'll want to Save a New Login Manually. Even if you have an existing Login, we recommend saving a fresh version.

'Update Existing Login' was designed for password changes. When you select this option, only the password part of your Login item is updated. So if you're hoping to fix a misbehaving Login, or change data other than the password, this option won't give you the results that you're looking for.

Please try Saving a New Login Manually for the site that is giving you trouble - does this help?

This discussion has been closed.