Bookmarklet support in 1Password?

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

Hi

It's been some time since I've heard about bookmarklets. Does Agilebits support them? I visited Selznick Software's PasswordWallet page which mentions them.

I do have a license for that software which I'm not using but I still thought I would ask here first.

selznick.com/products/passwordwallet/webkit/manual.htm

"Accessing your data: This is the tricky part. For saving the data to your bookmarks on your device, the files needs to be made temporarily available on the Internet. This can be accomplished by turning on personal web sharing or uploading the exported files to a web site under your control.

Once the pages are loaded in the browser on your device, click the link on them. When your data appears, save it as a bookmark. In the future you can access your data by opening the bookmark.

After the bookmark is saved, you should remove the files from your server."

What are the security implications?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

It's been some time since I've heard about bookmarklets. Does Agilebits support them?

1Password has a version of this called 1Click Bookmarks. Basically, you can click on a Login in 1Password and drag that item into your browser's menu bar. Then, when you click on that bookmark, 1Password will open the page and log you in.

What are the security implications?

Of course I can't speak to the security implications of another service, but with 1Click Bookmarks, the item will only fill if 1Password is unlocked, so there is no difference between filling with a bookmark or with the app itself.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I've read a bit more and iOS doesn't support bookmarklets. At least Mobile Safari doesn't. I'd be interested to know if your 1Click bookmarks works in iOS or another smartphone.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

1Click bookmarks do not work in mobile Safari. But, with 1Browser, you have the equivalent of 1Click bookmarks right inside the iOS app. Simply open the item that you want to use, tap on the URL, and 1Browser will open the webpage and fill your details. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan, I was also thinking about the other platforms. 1Password has a 1Password for Windows Modern and Android under development.

Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

1Click bookmarks are a Mac-specific feature at this time. 1Password 4 for Android has an internal web view that will allow you to open and fill with one tap (similar to how iOS does). There's no such feature on Windows Modern yet, but since we're still working on the Alpha version, there's a lot of room for fun stuff to come!

This discussion has been closed.