Options
2»

Comments

• EdWoods
    EdWoods
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

I too have experienced this very frustrating error message. Within the past few days, I wanted to create a vault to share between myself and my wife. I have a primary vault (.opvault format) on DropBox and she will have her own primary (same format) in her DropBox account. The shared vault will be in my DropBox account. Went through the motions of creating the shared vault (.opvault format) with 1PW4 then moving it to DropBox. On iPhone, went to add the vault and received the "1password will no longer sync because no sync source was found for profile" error that seems prevelent in these discussion groups. Even tried proposed solutions found in other discussions but to no avail. So, for grins, I tried creating the shared vault in the .agilekeychain format. Voila! This time iOS 1PW added the vault. It works as I would expect it too. So my obvious conclusion is something amiss with .opvault and DropBox when adding a second vault. Not sure of the specifics, but it worked. I would prefer to have the shared vault use the .opvault format though.

Anyway, my 1Password ecosystem is 1PW4.1.0.Beta-533 on Win7 64-bit and 1PW5.1.2 on iOS 8/iPhone 5S.

• @EdWoods‌ glad to hear you have a working solution for now. I will make sure this issue is raised with respect to synchronizing opvaults.

• EdWoods
    EdWoods
    Community Member
    Options

This issue remains in 5.2 (iOS).

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for letting us know, @EdWoods.

• tetraploid
    tetraploid
    Community Member
    Options

This is definitely a bug with 1 password. I was linked (or so I thought) to my dropbox and even if I set it to sync it acted like it was doing it but the total number of logins on my desktop version of 1password wasn't the same as it was on my iPhone or iPAD. So I decided to re-associate the dropbox account. Once I did that I was getting the error that there was no profile for syncing when all my devices have been using the very same database on dropbox for years. So I switched my iPAD and iPhone to wi-fi syncing and it synced properly. The problem is that I have to be on my LAN to get my devices to be in sync which is not nearly as preferred as always being in sync directly with the master password database held on my dropbox. You guys need to SQA this issue.

• usamike
    usamike
    Community Member
    Options

Why does the master password have to be sent over the Internet?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @tetraploid

There was an issue in an early version of 1Password 5 where syncing could become 'disconnected' without any notification to the user. We have since corrected the issue, but if you were affected that would explain what you are seeing. If your devices are now all in sync, and you want to move back to Dropbox, please try removing your 1Password keychain(s) from Dropbox and re-setup Dropbox sync.

@usamike

The Master Password is not sent over the internet.

Thanks!

Ben

• EdWoods
    EdWoods
    Community Member
    Options

Issue remains in iOS 5.2.1. Any idea when this will be resolved as I would like to use two .opvault format vaults?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @EdWoods,

I suspect the issue isn't as simple as it being with iOS. I've just tested 1Password 5.2 for iOS and it will happily access two .opvaults when I created them on a Mac. I then did the same from 1Password for Windows and it didn't work. I can't add a combination of a windows .opvault with a Mac one yet I can even create a third Mac .opvault and it adds fine for a total of three Mac .opvaults in 1Password for iOS.

I'll need to create a bug report about this but I have the log and those findings so hopefully we'll see what our devs can make of it. For the moment though it seems you are limited to either continuing to use the .agilekeychain format for the secondary vault or a number of steps which would involve access to 1Password for Mac. Hopefully we can make a some progress with this one.

ref: OPW-258

• EdWoods
    EdWoods
    Community Member
    Options

I am happy to report that the latest iOS update has resolved this issue. I was able to create a primary and secondary vault, both of the .opvault variety, with no issues. Thanks for the work to solve this.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @EdWoods!

• Luchino_1980
    Luchino_1980
    Community Member
    Options

hi have still the same problem with version 5.4.3.
    any tips and tricks to solve it?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @Luchino_1980,

I'm sorry to hear this problem still exists for you. To better troubleshoot this I'd like to get a diagnostic report from each your iOS device and your Mac/PC:

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

—Windows—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

ref: ULB-88637-846

• Luchino_1980
    Luchino_1980
    Community Member
    Options

problem solved:
    1. re sync my macbook
    2. re sync my ipad
    3. re sync my iphone
    thanks

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that re-setting up syncing has resolved the issue for you.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.