1Password Go & Fill doesn't go to the log-in page

Bakari45
Bakari45
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

I like the idea of the Go & Fill feature in 1Password, but for some reason, on the sites I try, the Go & Fill goes to the registration page of the site, instead of login page. I tried copying and pasting the login URL for a few sites to see if that would change the behavior, but it doesn't work. It's works on a few sites, but not for Twitter or Mint.com, for example. Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015

Hi @Bakari45,

I hope you don't mind, I've moved your post to our Saving & Filling forum, where it will be with similar posts.

Go & Fill will go to the URL that the selected item was saved with. When you create a new login item in 1Password, do you fill in all the details in the app, or do you save them from the browser? The latter tends to work better for logins, but some sites still don't quite behave. In that case, it often helps to save the login manually as described here.

I checked the sites you mentioned, and I am able to use Go & Fill properly for Twitter when I've saved the login manually, but I did encounter an issue with Mint. It does open the website, but something about the web interface is not allowing the 1Password extension to do the rest of its job. It looks like once you get to the main website, you have to actually click on "Log In" in the top right corner to reveal the text boxes to fill in. At that point, I can use the browser extension button or the Mini in the menu bar to fill & submit my login credentials. Hopefully that's the same way it works for you. I'm not sure which browser you're using, but I'm describing what happens for me in Chrome 44.

Additionally, whenever you have issues logging into a site, please feel free to report it using our Synapse website issue tracker, which you can find right from the Mini or Extension menu. :)

• Bakari45
    Bakari45
    Community Member

Okay, thanks. I'll look into your suggestions over the weekend. As for Twitter, I may be experiencing the problem I'm wanting to log into different accounts. And the GoFill won't work unless I’ve logged out of a Twitter account first. Thanks so much for taking the time check out the sites.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015

@Bakari: Understood! Just let us know how it turns out.

If you can tell us the URLs in particular you're having trouble with we'll be happy to test them and try to offer a solution, workaround, and improvements in the future!

That said, in many cases manually saving a new login for the site at the URL you normally use to login will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form (even better using the 1Password browser extension on the computer, if that is an option for you). Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Tap the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

I hope this helps. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

This discussion has been closed.