How to fill out a form?

I've tried saving my entries for this form https://learnable.digitalpigeon.com/rcv/send but only the "Your email" fills in. I did create labels/values that have the same names of the input boxes. That didn't work either. Any idea why none of this is working?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brettr,

I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum.

Can you please give us some more details about how you created an item in 1Password to fill that form? The form on that site isn't a login form, and it asks for your name and email address, so you should be able to use an Identity item to do that. If you already created an Identity item and that's the one that isn't working correctly, can you elaborate on what you mean about creating "labels/values that have the same names of the input boxes"? You shouldn't need to do anything like that in an Identity item, but I may have misunderstood what you meant.

Once we know some more details, we should have a better idea how to help. Thanks!

• brettr
    brettr
    Community Member

Hi Drew. Once I've filled out the form, how do I capture it as an identity item?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@brettr: Sorry for the confusion! Identity items aren't captured and saved the way that Login items are. If you think about it, these types of forms can be so vastly different that trying to use a template from one to fill another would not be a winning move. :lol:

Instead, simply create a new Identity item in the main 1Password app, which you can then use to fill your personal information on most websites (rather than saving one Identity per site — yikes!) I hope this helps! :)

• brettr
    brettr
    Community Member

The only thing I'm able to save on this form https://learnable.digitalpigeon.com/rcv/send is the "Your email" field. Why doesn't it save "Your name" and "Recipients"?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Hi @brettr,

Now if you're saving a Login item to try and fill the three fields I'm guessing you're looking at the item in 1Password and seeing just your email address stored as the username. If you were to click on the show web form details button though you should see all the fields with the data you entered into the web page. I would try filling using the item as when I tested just now using our How to manually save a Login guide to create the Login item it filled all the fields I tested. What I did prior to filling though was edit the Login item and set the submit field to Never submit as you don't want 1Password to try and submit until you've filled the other fields.

Does any of this match your observations and does my suggestion help at all?

• brettr
    brettr
    Community Member

I see two of the three fields that should be there when I show web form fields. The recipient field is not saved. That's one issue.

I unchecked so it doesn't submit the form. But the only thing that fills is the "Your email". That's the other issue.

So no change using your suggestion.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brettr,

I noticed you asked us the same question about the same web form a couple months ago, so I merged both discussions together. Brenty and I had replied to you in July, and you can see those responses above.

So, just to make sure we're on the same page here: You've been trying to save a Login item that will fill out the form on https://learnable.digitalpigeon.com/rcv/send. However, that form isn't a login form. You would normally want to create Login items for sites/forms that ask you to enter a username and password to sign into an account there. Normally we suggest adding an Identity item to fill forms that ask for information such as your name, address, job title, email address, and so on.

Now, although an Identity item will fill the "Your name" and "Your email" fields on https://learnable.digitalpigeon.com/rcv/send, it will not fill the "Recipients" field. Normally, the recipient(s) would be different each time you filled out that form (like the "To" field of an email message). Do you want 1Password to fill the same exact recipient(s) every time you have it fill the fields on that site? If so, then a Login item should work for that (I just wanted to be sure if that's what you wanted to do).

What you will need to do is save a new Login item for that site by following the steps in this knowledgebase article. Make sure you give the new Login item a name that makes it easy to tell it apart from the original. After saving the new Login item, refresh that site, then try selecting that new Login item from the 1Password extension. Does it fill the fields correctly?

• brettr
    brettr
    Community Member

Yes - it will be the same recipient each time. I looked at that article from the previous post and tried it then, but it only fills "Your Email". So this isn't working anything like you are saying it should.

However, when I select "Search All Fields", it does work and fills in all three fields. That isn't what the KB article is saying to do.

Thanks.

• Hi @brettr,

Before I posted I did try creating and filling a Login item so when I suggested How to manually save a Login it was confidence that it would work.

As you're saying you're still experiencing troubles it might be we're not running the same versions of anything. Can we eliminate that as a possible cause please.

1. What version of 1Password are you running?
    2. What is your preferred browser and the version of that browser?
    3. What version of the 1Password extension is installed?
  • brettr
    brettr
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables: If it still isn't working for you, did you try what I suggested above?

• Hi @brettr,

I'm slightly confused now. I can get all three fields to fill without fighting with 1Password, I thought you were having issues. Sorry about this, I'm sure once we're on the same page we can get this resolved. I think the merging of two threads might not have helped but it is usually best to keep all the conversation in one place.

• brettr
    brettr
    Community Member

I'm not fighting with anything. Per my previous post, However, when I select "Search All Fields", it does work and fills in all three fields.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

• As long as you're happy things are working @brettr that's all that matters :smile: Apologies for the confusion.

This discussion has been closed.