Can't log in

ganzman
ganzman
Community Member

I had my iPhone restored and now it won't let me log in. It's also not recognizing my email which is very concerning.
Please help. Jason

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

I think we will need some additional details. What can't you log in to? 1Password? Your iPhone? What happens when you try to log in?

• ganzman
    ganzman
    Community Member

I can't log into 1password. What info do you need to locate my account? Jason

• Hi Jason ( @ganzman ),

Sorry to hear about the trouble accessing your 1Password data. As we do not hold your data (it is by default stored only on your device) there isn't really any such thing as a "1Password account." There is also no way for us to reset your password or allow access to your vault without the correct password. You can read more about this, and how to move forward, here:

My Master Password is not being accepted. What should I do?

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• ganzman
    ganzman
    Community Member

Is there a phone number I can reach you at? There is a serious issue because all my passwords are there and I'm positive my password is correct.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2015

@ganzman,

Please send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com with a link to this thread and we'll be happy to discuss what other support options may be available. That said, the support article I provided does have the best information available. There is no other way into a vault other than by typing the correct Master Password.

Once you send us an email you'll receive an automated reply from BitBot including your support/ticket ID number. Please post that number here.

Thanks

Ben

• ganzman
    ganzman
    Community Member
    edited July 2015

Thank you for the response but the problem is not with my master password. I know what this is. The problem is that after I restored my phone there is a new screen to log in and it's asking me for my email. It not recognizing it which doesn't make any sense. Can you someone please call me at [phone number deleted to protect privacy] to discuss. Jason

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@granzman - If you're being asked for your email credentials, that doesn't sound like a 1Password issue at all. 1Password never in my experience proms for an email address. This sounds like the setup for your restored phone.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ganzman,

1Password doesn't require your email address to log in to your vault, only your Master Password, so I'm wondering what exactly you're seeing here. Could you please show us a screenshot of this new login screen that you're seeing? To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

• ganzman
    ganzman
    Community Member

I'm having trouble attaching the screen shot but here's what it says:

"Welcome to 1password"
    Would you like to sync with an existing 1password vault or create a new one

Then it gives a couple of options below

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@ganzman - Tell us what you do next when you see that screen. Which option do you select? I assume you are wanting to "sync with an existing 1Password vault." When you tap that, then what happens? Doesn't it ask you to decide whether your vault is on iCloud or Dropbox? Which are you wanting to use? Is this the point at which you are being asked for your email address? If so, it's looking for your login credentials to Dropbox or iCloud, depending on where your vault is synced. Only you will know that information, if this is what is happening.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited July 2015

@ganzman - Do these screen shots represent what you are seeing?

When you first open 1Password, do you see this?

And then after you tap on the option to use an existing vault, do you see this?

If these are the screens you are talking about, which of the three option are you wanting in the second screen?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ganzman,

Please let me know if Hawkmoth's post has helped at all. It does sound to me like you're being asked to log in to Dropbox to access your datafile.

• ganzman
    ganzman
    Community Member

Yes this is exactly what I'm seeing. This has never come up before. Usually all I have to do is put my password in. Please advise. Thx

• ganzman
    ganzman
    Community Member

I'll do whatever option works so I can get back to the screen where I can enter my master password. Thx

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited July 2015

When you have to install 1Password anew, your data will not be there. This is the process for a new installation, and those screens are to tell 1Password whether you are a new user or one who already has used it. After you do this, you will then only need to enter your master password.

You will have to pick which sync option you are using. We've already asked you which you are using. Can you tell us that now, please? Dropbox? iCloud? If you use Dropbox, do you have the Dropbox application installed on your device?

You'll have to provide your username and password for that service. Do you know your username and password to get into iCloud or Dropbox, depending on what you're using? Once you do that, you'll be taken to that service, you pick your vault, and enter your master password.

Is it possible that you have neve synced your data to a Dropbox or iCloud?

It's very hard to help when we only have incomplete information.

• ganzman
    ganzman
    Community Member
    edited July 2015

Is there a phone I can call you? Or can you call me at (phone number deleted yet again to protect your privacy).

• ganzman
    ganzman
    Community Member

Yes I know my user name and password for iCloud but I don't which option I'm supposed to use. Please advise.

• ganzman
    ganzman
    Community Member

I tried using the iCloud option and its states "existing data not found". Now what should I try

• ganzman
    ganzman
    Community Member

How do I download Dropbox? If someone can call me we can resolve very wuickly

• ganzman
    ganzman
    Community Member

I just created a drop box account and then tried syncing and it said not found. Now what?

• ganzman
    ganzman
    Community Member

I also verified that I cloud drive is turned on and so is 1password

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015

Hi @ganzman,

I've just sent you an email, which I think may be a better format for us to communicate regarding this issue. Let's continue the conversation via email, and I'll close this thread for now so that we don't get things confused between here and there.

We'll do our best to help you find your data if it's still out there somewhere! Cheers. 8-)

ref: WXQ-48137-861

This discussion has been closed.