Request: referral program

EricR
EricR
Community Member
edited December 2015 in Lounge

Do you offer a discount for an existing client recommending 1Password to a friend?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @EricR,

At this time, we don't have an official referral policy in place, but I'm sending you a private message with a few more details. :)

• lxvnblw
    lxvnblw
    Community Member

@Megan Could you send me some details about referrals too?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lxvnblw ,

Thank you for your interest in helping us spread the word about 1Password! Are you looking for information on individual referrals or perhaps selling through your website?

We do not currently have an affiliate program, but you can apply for Apple's affiliate advertising programs through Linkshare (linkshare.com, in the US, Canada, and Europe) and TradeDoubler (tradedoubler.com, in other countries). Those are great advertising networks that Apple uses to run its App Store and Mac App Store affiliate programs, and you can earn commissions on affiliate sales of 1Password (and any other apps you like!) through them.

Thanks again!

• lxvnblw
    lxvnblw
    Community Member

Hi @Megan,

I don't intend to sell 1Password through my website. Like the original poster I just wanted to know, if you provide discounts for users who were recommended by a friend.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015

@lxvnblw: Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding! We don't have a 'referral system', but we do offer upgrade discounts (and bundles), in addition to the occasional sale. It's simply easier for us to manage general discounts rather than on an individual 'merit' basis (i.e. personal referral links, etc.)...but we'll never say never, so thanks for letting us know you might be interested in us doing something like that in the future. :)

• yonkiman
    yonkiman
    Community Member

+1 for getting something for referring people. I've spent a decent amount of $$$ on 1password for Mac and PC (and would pay for linux if you had it) and for an upgrade I wasn't expecting to have to pay for - would be great if my friend got a small discount or I got the next upgrade for free or something...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@yonkiman: Indeed! While it isn't feasible to retroactively discount purchases months and years after the fact (we would very quickly be left without a payment processor...), we do offer upgrade pricing (and even free upgrades is some cases), several sales per year, and more — so long as we don't leave ourselves and our customers in a lurch by driving ourselves out of business. ;)

ref: 563661

• alexanderbuck
    alexanderbuck
    Community Member

In support of previous posts:
    Yes > Referral program by link.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know you'd like us to add referrals as well! :)

This discussion has been closed.