Beta updates

HRD
HRD
Community Member

Hi there,

I am right in thinking with each iOS beta update, one has to uninstall and reinstall on the Watch for the App to work?

1Password Version: iOS 9 beta
Extension Version: 4.4.3.2
OS Version: OS X 10.11 beta
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @HRD,

Are you experiencing this only after iOS 9 Beta updates, or are you also running the watchOS 2 beta?

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @chrisdj,

Sorry, forgot to mention I am running the Watch OS 2 beta

• Hi @HRD,

I spoke with a developer who is running both betas as well, and she hasn't noticed anything. But she did note she is constantly uninstalling and reinstalling manually as she builds from Xcode, so she doesn't have the same update process as most folks.

We'll try to keep an eye out and see if we observe any similar behavior.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @chrisdj,

It is not a big issue but thanks for looking into it.

• Anytime, @HRD.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @chrisdj,

This the latest just posted iOS update on Test Flight, I have had to uninstall the Watch App and reinstall to get it to function. There is obviously a bug somewhere but guess it's on Apple's side.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HRD: Thanks so much for the update, and the heads up! We'll keep an eye on this and see if there's anything we can do on our end to help. But frankly I'm glad it doesn't require a full reinstall of 1Password for iOS as well, but rather just on the Watch. Cheers! :)

• Hi @HRD, I kept my eyes peeled last night, and I did have to reinstall the Watch app after last night's 1Password for iOS beta.

And I'm on iOS 8.4 & watchOS 1.0.1.

My guess is this is required if any changes get made to the Watch App code for that iOS app build. TestFlight is definitely still a bit shaky when it comes to Watch Apps.

I'm on a couple other betas for friends at other companies, and now that I've thought about this, anytime their Watch App gets modified in the build, I have to go re-toggle it on in TestFlight.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @chrisdj,

Thanks for this. Glad to know it's not just an issue with my setup.

Hopefully, Apple will fix this with the shipped build for iOS 9.

• @HRD Yeah, hopefully things shape up with TestFlight this fall.

This discussion has been closed.