Bank transfer problem - auto data population error

Hi

I know this sounds a little weird but I am having problems transferring money between banks. One of 2 actions happen:

1. as soon as I select the screen to enter details re the transfer, all the blank text boxes are populated with my customer number, OR
  2. after entering the 'from' bank details, then selecting the 'to' bank details, all the blank text boxes are populated with my customer number.

The customer number is part of the login saved by 1Password.

Any ideas?

Thanks

PS I have a screenshot but could not see how to attach it.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: 3.9.20
OS Version: Firefox OS X 39.0
Sync Type: None

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @serky,

Can you verify something for us please. In Firefox you can disable an extension so it isn't loaded and disabling won't touch the databases associated with either 1Password 3 or the extension.

1. Launch Firefox and disable the 1Password 3 extension. The page you are wanting is available from the menu option Tools > Add-ons. Just disable, there is no need to remove.
    2. Quit Firefox and then re-launch it just to make sure.
    3. Visit the page you're having troubles with. Has the problem disappeared?
    4. Re-enable the extension and then repeat steps 2. & 3. again, has the problem returned?

We don't, or certainly shouldn't be, doing anything automatically hence the testing I'm hoping you won't mind doing. I just want to make sure it's the 1Password 3 extension by eliminating any doubt. Please do let us know what happens :smile:

• serky
    serky
    Community Member

Hi littlebobbytables

when I remove the addon:
    1. the banking tab opens in the current Firefox window,
    2. the extension is available in the toolbar, and
    3. the banking screen works.

When I add the addon back:
    1. the banking tab opens a new Firefox window,
    2. the extension is unavailable in the toolbar, and

Should we upgrade?

Thanks

• serky
    serky
    Community Member

I need to correct and clarify my previous post so please disregard it. New comment:

When I remove the addon:
    1. the banking tab opens in the current Firefox window,
    2. the extension is not available in the toolbar, and

When I add the addon back:
    1. the banking tab opens a new Firefox window,
    2. the extension is not available in the toolbar in the new Firefox window (but is available in the original window), and

Should we upgrade?

Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @serky,

So if the 1Password 3 Firefox Extension is disabled it works but then it almost sounds like you said that after re-enabling it also worked. If you quit Firefox and re-launch, leaving the extension enabled, does the problem return?

I'd like to understand the issue a little better before we'd recommend upgrading. Now obviously if you're running say Yosemite I'd say there is plenty to make it worth upgrading just in general but given you're asking in the context of a specific issue I would want to make sure upgrading would actually assist. Saying that, you could try the AgileBits Store version of 1Password 5 for Mac (if you're running Yosemite) as it starts up in a 30 day trial so there would be no risk to seeing. If you were to do so I would recommend disabling (not uninstalling) the 1Password 3 Firefox Extension during the trial so you know it isn't interfering. That does assume the answer to the above question is yes, the problem does return.

How would you feel about letting us know which bank and the URL of their Login page? If somebody here in AgileBits is based in the same country and maybe has an account there they could potentially investigate further given they'll be able to see the page in question. One way or another hopefully we can find a solution :smile:

• serky
    serky
    Community Member

Hello

I tried quitting Firefox and re-opening it with the extension enabled the whole time. The banking screen worked correctly.

I think that the biggest problem is that the behaviors are not consistent eg - sometimes a second Firefox window opens, sometimes not; sometimes the login page auto populates; sometimes not; sometimes the banking transfer page auto populates, sometimes not. This means I actually have to remember my customer number and password (not good!) It also makes it really hard to replicate and then trouble shoot.

I'm not running Yosemite (and not sure that I want to upgrade given the mixed reviews).

The bank is Police Credit Union SA. Login page: https://www.pcunet1.com.au/internet-banking/login.asp

Not sure what else I can do ....

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @serky,

Let's see if clearing Firefox's cache makes any difference. Here is a page on How to clear the Firefox cache. At the moment it seems like it's hard to say that the 1Password 3 Firefox Extension is at fault given my interpretation of what you're saying. After clearing the cache it might be worth throwing in a reboot of your Mac too - see if it helps.

This discussion has been closed.