Positioning 1Password Mini/Safari Extension Panel

jgarnham
jgarnham
Community Member

I have 2 monitors and at the moment when I show 1Password Mini it will always display in the same position on my second monitor regardless of the active window in Safari. Is it possible to have 1Password Mini appear either on the active screen or underneath the toolbar button (using a keyboard shortcut - it does display beneath the toolbar button if that is clicked).

1Password Version: 5.4-BETA-27
Extension Version: 4.4.3.b2
OS Version: OS X 10.10.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Positioning 1Password Mini/Safari Extension Panel

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jgarnham,

Could you try dragging the 1Password mini to the middle of the primary screen for me please. You should find it kind of snaps into place when you do. If you do that, 1Password should open up on the same screen as the active application. When you drag the menu to somewhere specific the current behaviour is to assume you always want it opened there while the middle of the screen tells 1Password to 'follow' the window in focus.

Does that work as expected for you and does it help?

• jgarnham
    jgarnham
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables Thanks, that did the job!

• jgarnham
    jgarnham
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables Just a note that the 'snapping' animation incorrectly animates the window. Rather than snapping in the center and animating to the center it actually ends up animating to the far left or my other monitor (on the right(.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jgarnham,

Now I don't have a multi-monitor setup like yourself, so could you describe the incorrectly bit for me please. I'm just having a hard time trying to visualise it in my head I'm afraid. Did it just happen when you reset it or is it doing something quirky in subsequent use? I just want to make sure I don't mistakingly think the issue is resolved if it isn't.

• jgarnham
    jgarnham
    Community Member
    edited July 2015

@littlebobbytables,

It was just when I reset it, I dragged the 1Password mini window to the center of my left monitor and it then animated to the left edge of my right monitor. After dismissing the window and then pressing the shortcut it correctly appears on the active monitor. It's just the initial 'snap' animation which occurs incorrectly. Although this only appears to happen if the 1Password begins initially on the monitor that it isn't later snapped too.

It appears to be related to the active screen, if the window begins on the active screen and is snapped to the active screen then all is well but if it begins on the inactive screen and is snapped to the active screen then the animation is incorrect.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I think I'm following now @jgarnham :smile: At least it seems to be limited to the snapping aspect and that future use behaves. I know getting multi-monitor support has been a bit of a weakness for us so I'm almost calling that a win :smile:

• jgarnham
    jgarnham
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables Indeed and I certainly would, I know the pains of multi-monitor support as a developer myself and you've done a good job considering it's just limited to an animation :) Thanks for your help!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Glad I could help! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.