iOS sync overwrote passwords with old ones.

bondesen
bondesen
Community Member

iOS, tried dropbox sync a while back. Dropbox had security issues, so switched to iCloud. Found out 1password for mac did not support iCloud unless bought trough app store (douh!) switched back to dropbox. Lo and behold. ALL passwords updated in the meantime where reset back to what the old dropbox versions where. AND there is NO "conflicting passwords found, so I saved bot for you" section, and even the "earlier used passwords" now only contain the versions from dropbox. WTF!!!!!!!!!! I have more than 500 passwords that I use PROFESSIONALLY. I am screwed!

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: both
Referrer: forum-search:old passwords

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

You really need to provide more information in order for us to help you. Please tell us:

In 1P for Mac have you checked under 1P > Preferences > Backup (assuming you're using 1P4 or 1P5 for Mac) to see what pre-disaster backups you might have?

Stephen

• bondesen
    bondesen
    Community Member

Mac 5.3.2 agile webstore vesion. iOS 5.4.3. Ye I checked. Problem is that my mac has not been able to sync for some 14 days due to the fact that it could not ise iCloud sync (doh!). Did notice something strange while there thou. Seems like there is something wrong with your date formats. It reports all backups created at various dates in Jan (January I assume). Looks like day and year are correct, but everything is "Jan". I even tried creating a fresh backup and it shows as 10.38 31 Jan 2015. And yes, the time and dates are correct in Mac OS X Yosemite.

I then got curious and checked all my passwords. They are ALL reported as created/changed Jan (different days and years, but all Jan).

Looks like when you merge conflicting entries, you just keep all fields from what you assume is the latest (and in this case you assumed wrong because of the date bug). Instead of merging the "previously used passwords" list.

Think I am gonna lay down and cry. After my boss fires my ass.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bondesen ,

I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble that you've been having. I'll admit, I haven't heard of the issue that you're reporting before. I think the quickest way to sort this out is to take a closer look at your system.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Reports in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Reports in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the reports we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.