how do i know if i bought an app store or website version of the software

B2daGz
B2daGz
Community Member

I use a macbook / iphone. been using your software for years. apparently, all of a sudden I need a file to activate the software. Checked your site for a solution.

1. Not sure exactly if I bought via your site or app store. Assume your site. But, the instructions on your site don't explain very well how to verify this and which versions were purchased (mac vs pc). Would be nice to run my key on your site and verify where it was purchased.
  2. I do have an email from your website with the subject title you suggested "Your License from AgileBits" but none of them had a file only the Key / Download software (already installed) and the hint Select help > enter license key etc is outdated now that i need a file?

I am so confused.

You can always just send me the file to my email on file.

Thanks
B.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.1
OS Version: 10.10.4
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:how do i know if i bought a app store or website version of the software

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @B2daGz ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password! I've taken a quick look in our back office records using the email address in your forum profile, but I was not able to locate any license information for 1Password. If you suspect that you purchased from our store, please send your full name, and the email address that you used to make your purchase to support+licenses@agilebits.com and we'll be more than happy to help you track it down. If you have an email from our store with a license key, you can include that in your email - it will help us to track your licensing details down more quickly.

It sounds to me like what you have is a license for 1Password 3. The upgrade from 1Password 3 to 1Password 4 was a paid upgrade, and at that time we switched from a license key to a license file. If you're interested in updating your license, you're welcome to use our upgrade page page - just enter your existing license key to see the discount on a shiny new license for 1Password 5.

I hope this helps! If you email our team with your existing license details, they'll be able to give you a better description of your options.

This discussion has been closed.