Nexus 7 (2013) - Lollipop - 1Password In-App Browser : Full-Screen Display of Video?

Kurtois
Kurtois
Community Member

I am a ScreenCastsOnline Subscriber (screencastsonline.com). I attempted to access protected streaming video content through the in-app browser of 1Password. The video played fine. However, when I attempted to make the video full-screen using the controls of the video, it did not maximize to full-screen.

I think this sample should demonstrate what I am seeing for anyone who wants to try:
screencastsonline.com/mac/show/0513/

Please let me know what information I can supply you.

1Password Version: 4.5
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: 5.1.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:full screen browser Android

Comments

• Hi @Kurtois. Thank you for reporting this problem to us. 1Password’s internal browser uses Android’s webview, which is limited in power compared to a full browser like Chrome. I will mention this website to our developers so we can review supporting full screen contents in our internal browser.

In the meantime, you will need to use an external browser for full screen content. Feel free to combine this with 1Password’s filling keyboard to perform login filling in the external browser.

• Kurtois
    Kurtois
    Community Member

@saad - Thank you for bringing the https://support.1password.com/guides/android/filling.html to my attention! I do appreciate the suggestion.

With that in mind, is something similar to "1Password Filling Keyboard" offered on iOS?

• Hey @Kurtois. I'm glad to hear that Saad was able to bring 1Password 4 for Android's filling implementation to your attention. :)

On iOS, we use a different method for filling, due to the differences between Android and iOS. On iOS, we use a 1Password extension rather than a custom keyboard.

Please let us know if you have further questions. Thanks!

• Kurtois
    Kurtois
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

Well, @saad, I should have elaborated more on my general usage of the Android tablet. I followed the provided link's instructions and achieved success. However, for my situation, I am very much hoping I can get something to work. See, I use a Bluetooth keyboard. From my understanding, the manual and automatic filling both require the on-screen keyboard. I am using a Logitech K480 keyboard . There are some special keys on the Logitech K480 keyboard. Any possibility I can use one of the keys on the K480 Bluetooth keyboard in order to activate the special 1Password key on the 1Password keyboard?

I hope it is clear what I am trying to achieve.

• I understand exactly what you are looking for. I think this would be a really handy feature if we are able to implement it! I opened an internal issue for our developers to review. They will look over your feature request and see if there are any technical challenges on achieving this. Thanks. :)

This discussion has been closed.