Upgrade iOS 7.1.2 to 8.4 on my iPad (no iPhone involved)

three-cushion
three-cushion
Community Member

Yeah...lagging in upgrade.... I'm about to bite the iOS bullet. Now...how does that affect my 1PW version I will need? Will you automatically notify me? Will iOS App Store send me the proper 1PW update? What other areas should I be aware of possible trouble points?
I depend heavily on 1PW to operate my iPad (and my iMac) Oh yeah, I Will b/u the 7.1.2 ver on iTunes on my iMac.....may be moot since retro back may be impossible.
So, let me know ...I'll wait for your answer before pulling the trigger... Jim Babcock

1Password Version: 4.1.3 (iPAD 3)
Extension Version: .??
OS Version: OS10.8.5 on iMAC
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Jim ( @three-cushion ),

You're upgrading to iOS 8 just in time for Apple to release iOS 9! ;) I'm glad to hear you're planning on running a full backup of your device prior to updating your iOS. I would also suggest making sure that sync is working properly in 1Password 4 for iOS, to ensure that your latest data from the device is tucked safely inside Dropbox. (To test if sync is working, simply create a dummy item in iOS and make sure it shows up on your Mac.) This is all precautionary stuff, the transition to iOS and 1Password 5 should be painless - but you can never be too careful!

After you update to iOS 8, the update from 1Password 4 to 1Password 5 will be available to you automatically (along with a few other app updates, I can imagine!)

Please let me know if you hit any snags in the process, but I do hope that you enjoy iOS 8!

This discussion has been closed.