Trial Expiration, But Already Purchased

scurry6280
scurry6280
Community Member
edited July 2015 in Mac

Hi,

I purchased already, but am suddenly getting message that I have to purchase, that my "trial" is over. I'm on Mac Yosemite and purchased through the App Store October 20, 2014. Order Number was MTJBY722N, Invoice Number 208085490915.

Any help would be appreciated.

Suzanna

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.0
OS Version: OSX 10.10.4
Sync Type: Not Sure - Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:Getting message I need to purchase when I already did

Comments

• scurry6280
    scurry6280
    Community Member

1Password 5
    Version 5.3.2 (532001)
    Agile Web Store

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

If you still have the email that acknowledged your purchase from the Agile Bits web store, you should find a link there to apply your license file to register your copy. If you don't have that email, you can have the license information resent if you enter the email address you used for your purchase on this page:

I've lost my license, Can I look it up, or can you resend it?

It will only work if you bought your license from AgileBits, not from Apple at their Mac App Store. I think that your message implies that this is true, but post back if it isn't.

• scurry6280
    scurry6280
    Community Member

Yes, I purchased through Apple. Do I have to contact them, or are you able to reset based to my email address?

I appreciate your help with this.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited July 2015

If you purchased through Apple, you should not be receiving trial expired notices at all. Apple handles licensing by connecting your purchase to your AppleID, and there are no trials allowed there.

What does your 1Password installation say about where you purchased the copy that is giving you trouble. Let us know what happens when you click the 1Password 5, the clock About 1Password? The resulting screen will give you version number and the source from which you purchased. I'm not trying to be insulting, but some users have used the trial version from the AgileBits web store, but then bought the license from the Mac App Store. I'm wondering if this applies to you.

No one from AgileBits will be able to help you with a license purchased from Apple; they don't even get any information about who has purchased through that channel, so they won't be able to use that link to send you a new license.

Edit: Meanwhile, here is some information from the AgileBits support site about your situation:

Trial Expired Notice

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

There's some confusion somewhere. You say you purchased through Apple but your second post clearly shows that you are running the AgileBits version.

Could you have both versions on your machine?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited July 2015

To follow up on @danco's comment, it probably would help to find out if you have both versions installed by opening Finder, then opening your Applications folder (shown in the sidebar). Do you see two files, one named 1Password.app and the other named 1Password 5.app? (Depending on your settings, the .app part may not show.)

If you have both, this is the source of the confusion. And if you do, it is going to be important to find out whether all of you data are in one or the other, or are they mixed between them.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @scurry6280 ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password. I took a look in our back office records and I was unable to find any license information for the email address that you have in your forum profile.

You've already received some good advice here from our community moderators, so I'll just clarify the important parts:

• We don't have license information for app purchased from the Mac App Store. Apple associates all your purchases with your Apple ID.
    • If you've purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, you should download and use the version from the Mac App Store.
    • We've got a guide that can help you migrate to the Mac App Store version.
    • I you think that you may have purchased from the AgileBits Store using a different email address, you're welcome to send us those details and we can continue tracking down your license details.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.